At Parkway, we are dedicated to exceeding our customers' expectations on a daily basis, and we know that excellent service begins with our employees. Our philosophy has always been hire for attitude and train for skill which is why we recruit and retain employees with experience, expertise and a true desire to serve our customers and grow our business. We know that our people are our number one asset, and we are proud to offer our employees a competitive compensation and benefit package. Benefits include: a generous 401k plan, employee-paid health insurance and athletic club reimbursement as well as paid vacation, paid holidays, personal days, life and disability insurance.
Purpose of Position:
This position is responsible for (1) analyzing and valuing potential real estate investments for the Company by preparing detailed cash flow projections and comparing relevant assumptions to industry market data; (2) assisting with due diligence review and the transition of an acquisition into the Company's portfolio; (3) calculating the current market value of select Company properties and preparing marketing materials for disposition offerings; and (4) maintaining current cash flow projections for the Company’s existing assets by working with regional Managing Directors and Property Managers to update modeling assumptions.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Assist with due diligence process for acquisitions.
- Research market trends.
- Underwrite properties.
- Prepare detailed cash flow projections and closing statements.
- Coordinate investment committee materials.
- Coordinate materials and information flow between internal and external partners as needed.
- Gather all materials required for reporting.
- Create Argus runs to internally value properties.
- Facilitate information flow between Company, lenders, appraisers and brokers as necessary.
- Gather and organize materials for partners and lenders.
- Answer questions from brokers and/or lenders when necessary.
- Review all marketing materials and reports.
- Participate in onsite meetings with brokers and property management teams when necessary.
- Maintain current Argus projections for the Company’s assets.
- Work with regional management teams to gather and update underwriting assumptions quarterly.
- Assist property management teams with budget updates of leasing assumptions.
- Assist Managing Directors with review of major leases to determine the impact on a property’s valuation.
- Assist with quarterly reporting responsibilities to investors, joint venture partners, lenders and others.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the Chief Investment Officer or other investment team members for ensuring Company objectives are met.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- Must possess a team-oriented, winning attitude and the ability to work collaboratively to resolve problems to achieve personal and organizational objectives.
- Ability to comprehend, analyze and interpret large amounts of data. Capable of defining problems, collecting data, establishing facts and drawing conclusions while dealing with a variety of concrete variables.
- Advanced knowledge of financial terms and principles to understand operating budgets.
- Intermediate-level capabilities with Microsoft Office, primarily with Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Working knowledge of Argus.
- Professional, effective written and verbal communication skills. Requires the ability to speak, read and write English to complete tasks and communicate inside/outside the Company.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills to work effectively with internal and external partners.
- Effective time management and personal organization skills; works with a sense of urgency; able to meet deadlines.
- Must be available for corporate office hours and possess after-hours flexibility in order to meet project deadlines.
- Periodic travel is required.
Education and Work Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree with a concentration in Business, Finance and/or Accounting; MBA preferred.
- One (1) year professional office experience required; two (2) years’ experience working as an analyst preferred.
- Investment Management
- Due Diligence
1+ to 2 years