Buchanan Street Partners is a leading commercial real estate investment management firm that manages commingled and separate account real estate funds on behalf of institutional and private investors. Buchanan invests across a broad range of equity and debt real estate investments throughout the United States. We are led by an exceptional leadership team who are committed to building long lasting relationships with clients by putting their needs first and providing thoughtful insight and advise in each transaction. At all levels of the organization, we have a history of attracting and retaining the industry’s top talent who combines tremendous experience and integrity to each client relationship and investment deal.
Currently, we are seeking to hire a VP of Capital Markets to join our team at our headquarters in Newport Beach, CA. The employee will be responsible for underwriting, structuring, documenting and closing all Buchanan principal debt activities. Core responsibilities will include:
- Active asset management and financial risk analysis of the $150-$200mm commercial real estate loan portfolio.
- Continue to develop the reach and depth of Buchanan’s extensive broker and borrower network.
- Management of the entire due diligence process, negotiation of loan documents and developing complex financial analysis on new loan submittals
- Underwrite and deal modeling of commercial real estate debt investment opportunities.
- Assist in sourcing investment opportunities of any product type and structure that meets the firm’s market investment strategy.
As a new team member at Buchanan Street Partners, you will enjoy the opportunity to work with and learn from the best, meet and exceed tremendous challenges and help close complex real estate transactions. An exceptional candidate will possess:
- 5+ years of experience within the commercial real estate lending industry including sourcing and structuring real estate loan transactions.
- Must have worked in a structured, construction or bridge debt capacity with a fundamental understanding of loan documentation process.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to underwrite complex real estate transactions across multiple product types.
- Very strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills with the ability to have assertive conversations.
- Driving work ethic coupled with achievement oriented personality.
- Must possess strong attention to detail and accuracy, organizational, and research skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, real estate, economics or related required.
- Asset Management
- Capital Markets
5+ to 7 years
This job is no longer active.