Prometheus was founded in 1965 to fill a missing space in the apartment industry: quality of design, product and management, with attention to every detail, big and small. Quality drives every element of what we do, from our selection of world class locations, our design decisions, our reinvestments into properties, and our operating strategy. And investing in quality begins with our people. Today, Prometheus is the largest, privately held owner of multi-family properties in the San Francisco Bay Area. We have more than 500 Prometheans and over 12,000 units in the San Francisco Bay Area, Seattle and Portland metropolitan areas. We continue to specialize in the acquisition, development and management of high quality residential and commercial properties.
YOUR ROLE AND IMPACT
We are looking for an Asset Management Associate to manage a portfolio of assets along with developing strategic asset plans, budgeting, acquisition and development underwriting, and overseeing revenue management. As our Asset Management Associate, you will be responsible for asset analysis, pricing strategy, financial reporting, budget preparation, and financial systems management.
Your Primary Responsibilities Include:
The Asset Management Associate will play a key role in the following:
- Financial Responsibilities: You will actively manage the financial side of assets, i.e., oversee revenue management. You will also do sales analysis, refinancing analysis and calculation of proceeds, benchmark portfolio performance, and calculate ROIs for future and existing repositioning efforts.
- Reporting and Analysis Responsibilities: As our Asset Management Associate, you’ll be maintaining and enhancing the Asset Management platform, tracking returns, identifying trends in the portfolio to mitigate risk and exploit revenues. Additionally you’ll be responsible for monthly reporting to ownership on asset performance compared to budget and same store metrics as well as developing controls and assigning responsibility for key P&L and Balance Sheet line items.
- Corporate Communications: You will initiate communications with Portfolio Managers, Renovation Project Managers and Property Managers to develop strategic asset plans as well as oversee the implementation of these plans. Additionally, you will assist in the coordination of due diligence requirements with lenders and third party consultants and underwriting efforts.
Here’s more of the nitty-gritty:
Our new Asset Management Associate must possess the following experience, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree ideally in Finance and/or Economics
- Minimum of three years of finance experience
- Experience in multi-family (preferred)
- Must have strong analytical skills, be adept at working with and at analyzing data
- Computer proficient in Windows, MS Office, Word, Excel, Outlook, OneSite and the Internet. SAP, Yieldstar, or Hyperion experience a plus
Ready to be different, stand out and revolutionize? Apply today.
- Asset Management
- Financial Analysis
- Hospitality / Entertainment
2+ to 5 years