We are looking for a business-oriented Controller to join our team and help direct financial activities of our business. To be successful in this role you’ll have to work well cross-functionally, be resourceful, capable of adapting to an ever-changing work environment. We are a $300M AUM private partnership located in DTLA. This role would require some desire to participate in operations of the portfolio and ideally we would like someone that could spearhead a transition out of older accounting systems and automate many of our bookeeping functions. Depending on the person we would look at flexible hours and ability to work remotely for some portion of the week.
- Lead the accounting team: book keeper, A/R, supervise some PM staff.
- Manage books and financials for the company’s operating entities, investment vehicles, and real estate, including management of the monthly close process.
- Prepare monthly financial statements, including balance sheets, income statements, cash flows, and owners equity to provide accurate and timely reporting and analysis.
- Work with owners and Chief Executive Officer to build budgets and long term projections and manage the company’s liquidity.
- Work with the real estate and marketplace operations teams to ensure smooth daily operations on both the real estate transaction side and the capital market side.
- Maintain and enhance key internal controls and accounting policies and procedures and ensure compliance and consistency throughout the company as well as identify process improvements.
- Coordinate and serve as primary contact with Company's third parties as related to the accounting department such as external auditors, and banks.
- Develop process to automate and streamline processes and reporting to support efficient growth and scale. Need to be Yardi proficient.
- Manage day to day improvements, upgrades and implementation of Yardi (and other financial systems, if any) as required by the business.
- Collaborate with our tax advisors to prepare year-end tax forms, including 1099s, K-1s, and federal and state returns
- Assist with cash management, including sending distributions to investors
- Assess accounting impact of new strategic initiatives
- Perform technical research and prepare accounting memos
- Have experience with tenants, leases and lease negotiations
- You are a CPA, with a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or in Business or Finance with relevant accounting course work
- You have a minimum of 5 years of accounting experience
- You have a solid understanding of US GAAP, general accounting processes, internal controls, financial analysis tools and techniques
- You are well-versed in Microsoft Excel and Yardi
- You have a solid work ethic, possess a positive can-do attitude, and can work under minimal direction
- You stay organized with a wide variety of tasks and perform well in a deadline-driven environment
- Preferably have experience with Real Estate Property Management, Operations and Leasing and negotiations.
- Accounting / Control
- Property Management
2+ to 5 years
Apply for this job