Chicago-based Golub & Company is searching for a Vice President, Acquisitions to open and lead a new regional office in Denver, Colorado.
Golub & Company is active internationally in real estate development, acquisitions, asset and property management, leasing and corporate real estate services. The Company has developed, owned or managed more than 50 million square feet of properties valued in excess of $10 billion.
The Denver office will establish and maintain Golub & Company’s presence in the Denver Metro area and surrounding markets by identifying and acquiring commercial, residential and retail real estate assets. Essential duties of the position include:
- Identifies potential acquisitions and development opportunities; analyzes income and expense projections, site analysis and selection, and comparable properties and transactions to assist in determining offering and purchase price.
- Directs underwriting process for potential acquisition and development investments; analyzes and provides financial review to Senior Management to ensure consistency and quality of underwriting standards amongst all potential acquisitions.
- Directs the due diligence required for successful acquisition of investment properties.
- Works with legal counsel in negotiating and closing transactions.
- Conducts regular Argus file analyses and updates for assets.
- Represents firm at conferences, networking and industry events.
- Supports the firm's investor relations efforts with regard to both debt and equity capital sources.
- Maintains a deep working knowledge of each market and submarket, available acquisition and development opportunities and progress of competitive locations.
Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university and minimum ten years relevant real estate experience or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must have proven track record of identifying and closing successful real estate acquisitions in the Denver and surrounding markets. Must have experience with joint venture partnerships and agreements. Existing capital relationships a plus.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must possess expert-level knowledge of Argus and Microsoft Word and Excel.
10+ to 15 years