Brookfield Properties is a leading owner, operator and developer of office and multifamily assets. Our signature office properties define the skyline of dynamic cities around the world, including gateway cities such as New York, London, Berlin, Toronto, and San Francisco.
JOB DESCRIPTION / RESPONSIBILITIES
Brookfield Property Partners is currently seeking an Assistant Property Manager to support property operations at One Post Street in San Francisco, a high-rise building with office and retail tenants.
- Takes direction from the Property Manager. Meets regularly with the PM and keeps PM informed about tenants, the building, projects, etc. necessary.
- Acts as Property Manager in Property Manager’s absence.
- Develops and maintains a close working relationship with tenants through regular communications. Responds to tenant concerns and problems and participates in their resolution by clarifying issues, offering suggestions, communicating with staff and providing timely follow up.
- Ensures efficient delivery of quality services and maintenance of the property. Coordinates and implements service contracts as directed, including, janitorial, landscaping, metal/stone maintenance, pest control, waste management and window washing. Develops specifications, solicits and reviews bids, conducts inspections and confers with service providers on a regular basis to ensure the highest level of service, efficiency and cost effectiveness.
- Primarily responsible for sustainability, recycling and LEED coordination.
- Primarily responsible for coordination of filming, Arts Brookfield and property events, including Marketing events.
- Conducts regular property, janitorial and landscape inspections, and refers issues to appropriate department or employee for resolution.
- Coordinates general building and site maintenance repairs to ensure timeliness and cost-effectiveness.
- Verify work orders and follow-up as needed using Angus software.
- Assists in enforcing terms and provisions of leases, such as use clauses, insurance requirements and payments (rent and miscellaneous billings). Prepares Tenant move-in/move-out notices, Notice of Lease Term documents and ensures all documentation is processed timely with tenants and Lease Administration.
- Assists in preparing the annual operating budget, monthly and quarterly reports. Reviews expenses monthly, identifies and explains variances. Prepares regular reports such as retail sales, statistics and collections.
- Monitors receivables for trends and delinquencies and investigates variances, involves other departments in developing a corrective plan and negotiates the plan with tenant. Respond to AR inquiries.
- Supports office and retail leasing and participates in coordination as directed. Conducts site tours, provides information and attends meetings with prospective tenants as directed. Assists with lease renewals, amendments, terminations, storage agreements and temporary license agreements per direction from Property Manager.
- Assists with coordination of tenant improvement and building construction projects. Ensures projects are completed on time and within budget, completing all applicable paperwork and punch list procedures.
- Assists in providing direction, supervision and leadership for the daily activities of property management office staff.
- Provides favorable visibility for Brookfield in the community by active participation in real estate related organizations and other community efforts.
- Supports Property Assistant responsibilities when the Property Assistant is unavailable.
- Maintains a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner to facilitate positive relationships with customers, clients, co-workers and management.
- This position frequently gives walking tours of the building and grounds to tenants, vendors, contractors, and guests. This position frequently walks the floors of the building on inspection tours.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree and 2-5 years of experience working in commercial office property management in a high-rise building, or equivalent combination of experience and education.
- Experience with contract management, lease interpretation, and lease accounting.
- Exceptional customer-service skills.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely. Can identify the information needs of the target audience and tailor the message appropriately.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain successful business relations.
- Strong organizational and time-management skills with ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent attention to detail and follow through.
- Must be able to work consistently on site as scheduled.
- Problem analysis and resolution skills
- RPA designation is preferred.
- Advanced level skills in MS Word, Excel, Power Point.
- Property Management
2+ to 5 years
This job is no longer active.