Real Estate Financial Analyst-Entry Level
COMPANY OVERVIEW: medium size full service real estate Company focusing on private and institutional investment in real estate through land acquisition, development, and acquisition of existing apartments / multi-family opportunities throughout the Midwest and Southern US. Approximately $1 Billion in existing portfolio, seeking to grow team to expand private portfolio Company is privately held, has good financial strength and has been in business for over 30 years.
JOB SUMMARY: Company is seeking a full time real estate analyst to assist in conducting financial analysis to underwrite opportunities to facilitate internal decisions on buy, hold, sell or refinance scenarios.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist in writing investment committee memorandums
- Assist in underwriting/modeling new multi-family and mixed use acquisition opportunities.
- Assist in preparation of quarterly investor updates/reporting.
- Perform competitive analysis of metrics on existing portfolio and competition.
- Obtain and maintain market data.
- Participate in due diligence and overall transaction support
- Work closely with Asset Management to conduct performance evaluations.
- Underwrite assets to facilitate hold, sell, refinance decisions.
- Develop and analyze existing investment models with the ability to create new models.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Analytical thinker/self-starter/self-motivated.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to work on multiple tasks with multiple people.
- 1 to 3 years of prior financial analysis, preferably in commercial real estate, real estate investment banking or other applicable real estate background.
- Willingness to learn In-Design for pitchbooks and investor reports.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Good computer skills
- High proficiency in Excel.
- A Multi-Family Case Study and Excel Modeling Test will be given.
- Asset Management
- Financial Analysis
1+ to 2 years