Bedrock Communities is a New York City based real estate private equity firm focused on the manufactured housing sector. Bedrock is currently raising its second fund, Bedrock MHC Partners II L.P., which is primarily a continuation of Bedrock MHC Partners L.P. The combined funds will have approximately $70,000,000 in equity commitments.
Bedrock is seeking a candidate with analyst-level experience to join its team as an Analyst or Associate. The candidate should have 1-3 years of experience working in real estate (preferably real estate investment banking or real estate private equity). Candidates with non-real estate investment banking experience who can demonstrate a strong interest in real estate may be considered.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Given the entrepreneurial nature of the firm, the position requires that the candidate work in a variety of capacities. The primary role will be focused on analytical and quantitative support in the acquisition process along with asset management support. This position will work extensively with the Managing Partner of the firm.
The responsibilities will include:
- Evaluating and underwriting new investment opportunities
- Preparing financial projections & maintaining ownership of the model
- Assisting in the due diligence process
- Assisting in the acquisition closing process
- Preparing investment committee presentations
- Researching and evaluating potential new growth markets
- Assisting in internal portfolio reporting including quarterly asset reports and valuations
- Monitoring existing portfolio performance
- Help to develop asset level business plans, monitor business plan performance, and react to correct any variance to maximize value
Applicant must demonstrate a strong understanding of real estate fundamentals with at least 1 year of prior experience in real estate principal investing, investment banking, valuation or structured finance. The candidate should have strong verbal and written communication skills and be able to present analysis in a clear and concise manner. The candidate must be a self-starter with a strong desire to work hard and contribute in a small entrepreneurial work environment.
Specific requirements include:
- 1-3 years of real estate experience
- Experience building & operating complex real estate financial models
- Highly proficient in Excel, Word, & PowerPoint
- Bachelor’s degree from top university
- Strong desire to grow a career in real estate
- Strong attention to detail as well as the ability to work under strict deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work autonomously, be proactive, multi-task and work in a lean group
Salary will be market competitive and commensurate with experience & qualifications.
- Financial Analysis
- Alternative Investments
Apply for this job