MidPen is building the future of affordable housing. Combining beautifully designed communities with life-transforming services for our residents, we’re on a mission to help our partners, residents, and employees see what’s possible. We believe community is the key to a healthy and successful collective future, and we are changing the world from our own backyard!
The Asset Manager is responsible for a portfolio of up to 50 properties and is the primary contact for the assigned portfolio’s investors and lenders. The Asset Manager acts as the representative of the owner of each property, specifically in the capacity as a MidPen affiliate as it relates thereto. The Asset Manager is directly responsible for ensuring that the long-term financial health of properties in their portfolio meets MidPen, owner and lender requirements.
Your day to day:
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with lenders and investors as their primary contact for properties in the assigned portfolio.
- Evaluates property plans to ensure surplus cash will meet long-term plans for distribution.
- Manages the annual budget process with their portfolio, working directly with Property Management and, where applicable, Development staff to analyze budgets against MidPen’s benchmarks and goals and proposes creative solutions to cash-flow and financial ratio issues.
- Ensures properties are meeting affordability, operating expense per unit, reserve funding, and surplus cash distribution goals as required under all agreements or regulations.
What you bring:
- Bachelor Degree in the field of Finance, Business Administration, Accounting or related field.
- A minimum of three years’ experience in real estate or finance with a heavy emphasis on financial analysis of large portfolios.
- Must have experience in at least four of the following areas: non-profit affordable housing, refinancing of debt, HUD regulatory programs, real estate accounting, financial analysis, property management or project development.
- Demonstrated proficiency using Excel and Word.
- Ability to multitask and adapt to changing priorities in a fast-paced and collaborative environment
Life at MidPen:
When you join MidPen, you join a team of passionate, committed individuals. Whether you work at our corporate office or onsite at one of our communities, MidPen employees help transform lives from day one while enjoying the following full time benefits and perks:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Competitive vacation and sick time accrual, and personal holiday hours
- Long-term disability insurance
- Life insurance and AD&D
- Great work-life balance, including a wellness program
- Free on-site parking
- In-house trainings and external classes supporting professional development
- Company outings and team-building activities
- Financial counseling and generous discretionary retirement contributions
At MidPen, we seek those with good hearts and great minds - those who share our dream of providing affordable housing to all. We are guided by five core values that shape our interactions with our partners, residents, and each other:
Integrity: We provide accurate, timely information, manage our company resources responsibly, and conduct all aspects of our business honestly and fairly.
Collaboration: We work as a team that seeks out and honors diverse opinions, ideas, and skill sets in order to achieve common goals. We understand that individual success is linked with our collective success.
Accountability: We follow through on the commitments we make to one another, our partners, our residents and our communities. We deliver specific, defined results and take responsibility for the consequences of our actions or inactions.
Respect: We treat our employees, residents, vendors, partners, investors, and the community in which we work with dignity. We welcome social and intellectual diversity and we recognize and value the unique contributions made by our diverse stakeholders.
Excellence: We set and strive to meet a high standard for quality, professionalism and competence. We create a work environment that inspires extraordinary work, recognizes results, and gives everyone a chance to make a difference and share in the organization’s success.
We want you to be part of #TeamMidPen. Find more than a job. Find community. Apply today!
- Asset Management
2+ to 5 years
This job is no longer active.