Summary of Position
We are a boutique commercial development and property management firm located near John Wayne Airport. Our portfolio includes retail and industrial properties in the Los Angeles, Orange, and Riverside counties, and Western State industrial properties. Primarily we are looking for a commercial property manager to oversee the portfolio and secondarily to assist in a project manager role for our current and future projects.
Property management responsibilities include all aspects of institutional and in-house reporting requirements and property management including annual budgets, lease administration, monthly/quarterly reporting, budgeting, variance and report analysis, capital expenditure forecasting, and CAM reconciliations. Project management responsibilities include assisting with escrows, review and categorization of due diligence materials, obtaining required reports and review of settlement statements.
Detailed Tasks and Responsibilities
- Responsible for compliance with all management, lease and vendor agreements.
- Represent company with tenants, vendors, institutional clients, insurance reps and legal counsel as point of contact.
- Lease administration includes preparation of lease abstracts, lease amendments and provisions, options renewals, legal notices and tenant correspondences, track rent increases, options, and lease compliance.
- Prepare vendor contracts and bids, and confirm compliance.
- In coordination with accounting staff, AP (coding, approval, tracking) and AR (review tenant charges, monitor aging, collection notices and default notices).
- Insurance – review master policies, insure compliance with tenants, vendors, lenders and institutional clients; track all expirations.
- Primary responsibility for annual budgets, analysis of variances, recovery calculations, and CAM reconciliations.
- Familiar with retail and industrial lease terms, concepts, provisions, enforcement, and function of Operator.
- Interact with accounting department to insure all standards, policies and procedures are fulfilled.
- Perform regular site, facility, and roof inspections with good attention to detail to remedy issues, flag warranty and maintenance concerns, and offer suggestions on improvement.
- Assist ownership with strategic planning and forecasting for properties.
- Primary responsibility for oversight of legal, property management and development document files in paper and electronic formats which must be kept current.
- Assist with tenant improvements including plan review, permitting process, compliance with project specifications, signage, site visits, applications, construction draw requests, and close-out.
- 5 years’ experience in commercial property management and/or development.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office Excel, Word, and Outlook, and experience with property management software, such as Yardi and Kardin is a plus.
- Periodic site visits to properties in Southern California and Western States, with travel expenses, company vehicle or mileage paid.
- After-hour/emergency response as needed (not frequent).
- Good grasp of all essential property, construction, lease and accounting terminology, concepts, and processes.
- Self-starter and proactive.
- Able to work seamlessly with a team.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong sense of urgency and ability to resolve issues in a timely manner.
- Good common sense and judgement.
- Detail-oriented, dependable, organized, honest, conscientious.
- In a small team environment, willingness to do various tasks and assist wherever is essential.
- Comfortable with technology and open to learning new software programs.
We offer a competitive salary, enjoyable work environment, medical insurance, paid vacation and holiday time off.
- Project Management
- Property Management
2+ to 5 years
This job is no longer active.