Waypoint Residential is looking for a highly motivated Development Construction Manager to play a lead role in the daily management, supervision, coordination and completion of ground-up construction projects. You will help evaluate geographic markets, assess project feasibility, and deliver flawless construction administration as a valued contributor to a senior team of real estate development and construction professionals who are passionate about achieving Waypoint’s strategic business objectives.
Our Development team is primed for growth with a strong project pipeline and active and new starts ranging throughout the country. Based in our Atlanta office, this role reports to the Managing Director, Development Construction Management. If you have an owner’s mindset, can think on your feet and want to be part of the growth of our elite platform, we want to talk to you.
Key Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in the preparation of initial project budgets and schedules as part of our due diligence process relating to evaluating prospective new projects and business opportunities and confirming their financial viability
- Manage each phase of the project including design development, internal and external design reviews, permitting, bidding, contracting, construction, project turnover and delivery to management, project closeout, and assist with warranty items as needed.
- Manage project timelines, monitoring for compliance and creating recovery strategies when timelines are disrupted.
- Provide updates on key project milestones, monitor and update budget as appropriate and report back to senior management on progress. Actively track each aspect of project performance against schedules and critical path.
- Oversee vendor and project team members work to ensure compliance with contract and client expectations.
- Review each phase of documents and fill gaps in scope while providing trackable feedback in a collaborative manner that sets the standards for document quality.
- Generate monthly reports as to the progress, problems, solutions, inspections, change orders, construction meetings, shop drawings, products and other items that reflect the progress or the lack there of.
- Receive and coordinate responses to the contractor's requests for information with the architect, engineer, or ownership team.
- Actively and consistently pursue alternative means and methods that might maximize cost efficiency and schedule adherence, without sacrifice to quality, design integrity or accepted design standards
- Responsibility for contract administration, change order review and management, invoice approvals, and verification of accurate bonds, insurance and lien waivers from contractors and vendors.
- Maintain project documents and drawings on shared electronic portals to ensure quick and easy access by other Internal departments.
- Guide the design teams through the design implementation process including conceptual, schematic, design development and construction documentation and sign off.
- Strong organizational skills that translate into the ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail.
- The highest level of interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with vendors, stakeholders and teams.
- Motivation, resourcefulness and professional versatility; driven to continuous performance improvement.
- Problem solving—Resolves problems in a timely manner and gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
- Planning/organizing—Prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently and develops realistic action plans. Able to deliver under pressure.
- Quality control—Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Adaptability—Adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and capable of adjusting to frequent change, delays and unexpected events.
- Dependability—Follows instructions, responds with agility to management direction and solicits feedback to improve performance.
- Five to ten years proven experience in multi-family and/or commercial construction operations, including project management, scheduling and estimating/budgeting.
- A degree in construction management or related field required.
- Experience with sophisticated multi-family projects; wrap, podium, urban and stick frame preferred
- Knowledge of construction practices and labor costs in construction, plus a good knowledge of the uses and costs of materials.
- Experience building and developing subcontractor relationships
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple concurrent projects and deliver on time and within budget
- Proficient in reading and understanding construction documents (architectural, structural, mechanical, specifications, etc)
- MS Project, MS Office Suite proficient
- Working knowledge of local, state and federal building code and safety requirements.
Who we are
Waypoint Residential is a national real estate investment management firm specializing in rental housing. The vertically integrated firm acquires and develops conventional multifamily, purpose-built student housing and senior housing properties throughout the United States. Waypoint’s comprehensive capabilities include acquisitions, development, financing, asset management, accounting and investor relations. The firm’s fully integrated platform also includes a dedicated management company, Waypoint Management Services.
Founded in 2011 and headquartered in Boca Raton, the company is comprised of approximately 100 professionals and has five regional offices located in Atlanta, Chicago, Dallas, Denver and Stamford. Led by a team of seasoned real estate professionals with an average of 25 years of experience, Waypoint’s investment activity totals approximately $2.6 billion across nearly 20,000 units.
- Property Management
5+ to 7 years
This job is no longer active.