Sr. Construction Project Manager (Retail)
This position can be based in Orlando or Boca Raton, FL
Interested candidates should apply online at: www.weingarten.com/careers
The Sr. Construction Project Manager is responsible for managing all construction activities for a portfolio of Shopping Centers in assigned region. Also responsible for supplying accurate and timely estimates for construction work, value engineering opportunities and any other necessary activities to assist in the leasing of our shopping centers. The Sr. Construction Project Manager will also work with Acquisitions and New Development teams, under the general supervision of the Senior Vice President of Construction.
- Provide timely construction cost estimates and value engineering alternatives to the Leasing and New Development Departments for a wide range of small, medium and large projects. These projects include New Developments, remodeling of existing centers, construction of interior lease spaces, big boxes, junior anchors, small shop spaces and acquisitions.
- Procurement of the entire pre-construction and construction process including but not limited to preparation of estimates, plans and specification, permit process, bid process and construction contracts within established parameters under the general supervision of the Senior Vice President of Construction.
- Manage, guide and assist the Architects, Engineers and consultants with the preparation of construction documents and bid documents with the interest of the tenant and WRI.
- Manage a portfolio of Shopping Centers including: re-tenanting, redevelopment, repositioning and maintaining the Company Databases for the Region.
- Monitor all aspects of construction projects in assigned region including schedule, job costs, project status reports and take corrective action as required with the interest of the tenant and WRI.
- Mentor and assist the Senior Construction Managers, Construction Managers, Assistant Construction Managers and Tenant Coordinators with all the below items and at the same time, personally handle the same for projects and centers as assigned.
- Review estimates in assigned region for accuracy, consistency, and thoroughness to ensure the price provided is for the work needed.
- Understand the specific needs of the Leasing Department in assigned region, types of deals, timing, costs, and any issue that will enable Leasing to close the deal in a timely manner.
- Follow up and document the status of estimated projects with the Leasing and New Development departments.
- Foster good communication between departments by always being available to assist anyone requiring information concerning construction related data.
- Engage with Contractors to value engineer any/all costs that are practical to implement cost saving changes.
- Assist Architects and Tenants in the preparation of drawings, their construction and opening of business.
- Prepare completion and punch lists and make sure that all items are completed properly.
- Review and approve payment applications for professional disciplines, general contractors and tenant allowance requested in a timely manner, review and provide accurate input to ongoing costs to the project cost control systems.
- Maintain records and files on projects and individual jobs, these files include but are not limited to site, shell, utilities and easements, soils reports, correspondence, leases, tenant requirements, tenant invoices, contract documents, change orders and commitments forms.
- Provide weekly reports, or in the frequency necessary, for good communication to the Sr. Vice President of Construction on status of projects.
- Provide general guidance to validate Company rules and expectations are being met and that the integrity of assigned region is consistent with the Department and the Company.
- Handle conflict resolution as necessary within your region.
- Candidate must show initiative, with the ability to get the ball rolling and keep it rolling.
- Detail minded, ability to manage multiple projects and reporting requirements.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to present in front of groups.
- Ability to analyze volumes of diverse information and make clear and fair decisions.
- Overnight travel is required as needed.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Construction Management or Engineering strongly preferred or qualified years of experience.
- 10+ years of retail construction experience required (Retail Construction Manager or High Level Tenant Coordinator)
- Ground up retail development experience strongly preferred, mixed use center construction experience helpful
- Ability to fully comprehend construction documents, along with some experience in estimating.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Excel, Project, Outlook, and PowerPoint required. Experience with an ERP system, such as JD Edwards Enterprise One, preferred.
Weingarten is an EEO Employer; including Women, Minorities, Veterans and Disabled.
10+ to 15 years
This job is no longer active.