Cottonwood is a privately held real estate asset management company managing real estate credit in excess of US$2 billion, and we are seeking a candidate with strong academic credentials, experience in real estate and in underwriting and/or restructuring credit. If you are a successful finance professional interested in further developing your skills in a fast-paced environment, this is an ideal opportunity for you.
The Associate role will be based in Los Angeles and will play a critical role in the underwriting and execution of new investment opportunities as well as the ongoing management of our existing portfolio. This position plays an integral role on the investment team through timely and accurate financial analysis and modeling, transaction support, as well as investor and other stakeholder reporting to support the company’s investment management and asset management requirements.
Key responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Support all due diligence, research, marketing and asset management efforts of investment team
- Compile and summarize market research reports and data in selective real estate sectors and capital markets
- Develop complex financial models in Excel and Argus as part of investment underwriting of real estate debt and equity investment opportunities and prepare ad hoc re-forecasts of existing investments
- Prepare all investment management documentations including but not limited to investment overview, investment pitch book, investment memorandum, investment committee package
- Draft quarterly reports to investors and other stakeholders
Transaction Support and Coordination
- Facilitate pre- and post-closing transaction processes, coordinating with legal counsel, appraisers, auditors, consultants and other deal service providers
- Assist investment team with the preparation and review of all transactional documents including but not limited to offering memoranda, investor consent solicitations, purchase and sales agreements, joint venture agreements, loan documents and management agreement
- Review funding requests in coordination with construction consultants, loan servicers and other service providers
- Monitor the performance of existing assets and compliance of counterparties with the terms of loan documents and other legal agreements
- Participate in the restructuring and/or recapitalization of investment positions as required
- Strong academic credentials from a top-tier university
- No less than 4 years’ experience in asset management, financial advisory or restructuring with an investment bank, real estate fund or development company or in consulting with a focus on real estate
- Exceptional financial modeling skills and strong knowledge of financial accounting
- Exceptional business writing, interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to review and analyze complex legal documents
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail with ability to prioritize effectively and manage work across multiple supervisors.
**We are only accepting local candidates at this time. Thank you for your understanding.**
- Investment Management
- Portfolio Management
- Due Diligence
- Hospitality / Entertainment
This job is no longer active.