Our client has a portfolio of long-term real estate investments with a focus on residential, retail, and value add development sites. The portfolio focuses on properties based in New Jersey and Florida. Our client successfully performs their own leasing, property management, real estate acquisitions, and new construction and development.
The Vice President of Finance will be an important strategic resource to the company reporting directly into the Executive Vice President. They will manage the finance and accounting functions, providing information, primarily financial in nature, about all company activities that will assist the Executive Vice President, key shareholders and other users in making educated economic decisions about the company's future. The Vice President of Finance is consistently focused on teamwork, willing to go above and beyond to get the job done.
- Oversee the activities of the accounting department for the accurate and timely dissemination of financial management reports including, but not limited to, internal and external monthly financial statements and annual audits and annual budgets.
- Oversee the activities of the disbursement department, ensuring the accurate and timely processing of accounts payable, purchase orders, petty cash, cash control, core payroll processing.
- Oversee the activities of the accounts receivable department to ensure the accurate and timely management of all accounts receivable aging components including billings, cash receipts application, etc.; funding service management, which includes weekly funding reports and customer service; quarter and year-end payroll closing.
- Mastery of commercial lending from term sheet negotiation through loan closing and then closely monitoring of current debt performance against market conditions that meet current company objectives. Will be responsible to manage relationships with lending partners.
- Will manage the day to day operations of the portfolio as needed when the EVP indisposed.
- Experience identifying and underwriting (proforma development) acquisitions for approval to SP executive committee.
- Full understanding/mastery of treasuries with banking partners.
- Assure corporate income tax compliance to assure the accurate and timely completion of all corporate income tax returns.
- Establish and maintain systems and controls that verify the integrity of all systems, processes and data, and enhance the company's value.
- Respond to Executive Vice President as assigned with accurate and timely work to facilitate his financial needs.
- Participate in a wide variety of special projects and compile a variety of special reports.
- Conform with and abide by all regulations, policies, work procedures and instructions.
- Be a strategic partner with the Executive Vice President on company growth projects and initiatives.
- Upholds company standard policies and procedures.
- In the performance of job duties, will follow established safety procedures and policies.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or a related discipline.
- 8-10 years in financial management position, preferably in the commercial/residential real estate, retail industry.
- Have commercial mortgage experience; refinancing to closing.
- Expert level MS Office skills (MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Outlook).
- Proficiency with Yardi preferred.
- Highly organized and trustworthy with the ability to manage confidential information.
- Strong communication skills; both written and verbal.
- Thorough knowledge of accounting and corporate finance principles and procedures.
- Proven computer, analytical and problem-solving ability.
- Proficient with commercial/residential real estate practices, financing, and property acquisitions.
- Ideally, this person should have experience in property management, leasing and commercial real estate.
- Accounting / Control
- Capital Markets
Apply for this job