Consolidated Electrical Distributors, Inc. (CED), one of the largest and fastest growing wholesale electrical distribution companies in the country, has an opening in our Irving, Texas, office for a Real Estate Portfolio Manager. The Portfolio Manager reports to the Real Estate Department Manager and will support approximately 350 of CED’s more than 600 distribution centers.
CED offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience. Our excellent benefits include a profit sharing program, medical, dental, life, and disability insurance, 401(k), paid vacation, holidays, and sick time.
Portfolio Managers interpret and advise management on all terms of real estate contracts, modifying such documents as needed and personally compose and prepare all supporting documents, including leases, subleases, exhibits, addendums, tenant improvement work letters, amendments/extensions, estoppels, SNDA’s, and letters of intent. The Portfolio Manager’s key function is negotiating directly with third party landlords and their representatives (such as real estate agents, lawyers, and property managers) and drafting or modifying related legal documents. Portfolio Managers do not function as coordinators between in-house real estate counsel and landlords, but rather must possess a successful track record of drafting and negotiating commercial real estate leases and other related documents themselves.
Additional functions include:
- Ensuring all final documents are approved and properly executed by multiple levels of management
- Establishing a lease file in order to administer the lease terms and conditions
- Interpreting and abstracting leases
- Auditing CAM reconciliations and related backup documentation
- Submitting payments
- Handling correspondence related to rent escalations, options to renew, CAM reconciliations, NNN expenses, real property taxes, insurance responsibilities, environmental compliance, damage and destruction, condemnation or eminent domain issues, maintenance and repair obligations and default/remedy issues that arise during the lease term.
- Answering questions related to lease responsibilities for field personnel
Must possess a minimum of five years’ experience drafting and negotiating commercial real estate leases and other related legal documents. Experience with industrial/warehouse/distribution properties strongly preferred.
Exemplary verbal and written language skills including the ability to independently draft real estate related legal documents, interpret and abstract complex lease documents, write detailed lease reviews, amend lease paragraphs, and negotiate final lease terms with landlords and their attorneys.
Must be able to work independently, possess outstanding organizational skills, and show a strong attention to detail.
Must be able to effectively manage a large number of transactions simultaneously.
Must be competent with Word, Excel, Outlook and Adobe Acrobat. Experience with Visual Lease software a plus.
Must display a high-level of professionalism and the ability to forge positive working relationships both inside and outside the organization.
Must be service oriented. Real Estate Portfolio Managers support field managers who have final authority over their transactions.
Education and/or Experience:
Minimum of five years of lease document drafting and negotiation experience required.
Four-year degree and/or paralegal certificate preferred.
- Portfolio Management
5+ to 7 years