Vice President, Investment Analysis
Sterling Organization is a vertically integrated private equity real estate firm that has an established track record of providing exceptional risk-adjusted returns to its partners, in both relative and absolute terms. The company is currently focused on investing in value-add retail real estate assets and stabilized/core grocery-anchored shopping centers in major markets across the United States on behalf of Sterling’s principals in partnership with the highest quality institutional investors. Sterling Organization is headquartered in Palm Beach, FL.
Our culture of high-energy entrepreneurs encourages collaboration with senior management and trust through transparency. Through our integrity, intelligence and hard work we strive to exceed the expectations of our investors. To learn more about the company visit
The Vice President, Investment Analysis will be responsible for leading all acquisition analysis needs of Sterling’s Investments platform. He/she will serve as a teacher, and player-coach to lead Sterling’s acquisition analyst team in a unified effort to track, monitor, underwrite, and analyze all potential acquisitions across the country. This person, who will also assist with future analyst recruitment as needed, is expected to be a self-starter and will often need to work with limited supervision to achieve objectives. The Vice President, Investment Analysis will be the go-to person for all financial investment analysis and will often be reviewing and directing analysts' work.
This role will require exceptional communication and organizational skills as well as proven high quality analytical capability. The Vice President, Investment Analysis will be based in Sterling’s headquarters in Palm Beach, FL, will report to the Senior Vice President, Investments and will be an essential contributor to the Company’s ability to analyze and acquire retail properties.
- Primary responsibility for the production and review of all acquisition underwriting and financial modeling with support from Investments analysts.
- Oversight of acquisition pipeline and deal tracking database.
- Recruit, train and coach analysts.
- Coordinate regularly with senior leadership across Leasing, Construction & Development, Finance, Legal, and Operations departments to obtain proper modeling assumptions.
- Communicate with investment sales brokers across the country to obtain specific deal information and confirm Sterling is aware of all requisite information and prepared to meet transaction deadlines and underwriting assumptions.
- Ensure timely completion and submission of Confidentiality Agreements.
- Prepare formal Letters of Intent (purchase offers) and assist with the completion of buyer questionnaires.
- Provide additional ad hoc modeling and financial analysis as needed.
Bachelors in Business or Accounting, or Graduate Degree in business (finance preferred).
5+ years of experience in complex financial modeling/underwriting with a preference for real estate and/or investment banking experience.
Several years of commercial real estate experience with a comprehensive understanding of the retail asset class, shopping center lease provisions and tenant reimbursement methodologies.
Skills & Abilities
- Expert level proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Argus DCF/Enterprise.
- Relentless drive for accuracy, timeliness and results with an ability to thrive in a fast paced, deadline-oriented environment.
- Highly organized, with systematic approach to directing changing priorities.
- Ability to create, review, dissect and analyze highly complex financial models and succinctly communicate model results, assumptions and key risks/value drivers to senior leadership.
- Capable of conducting highly quantitative analysis and problem solving.
- Unwavering attention to detail and ability to deliver accurate work product with little-to-no supervision.
- Ability to coach, direct and establish trusting relationships with analyst team.
- Willingness to work long hours when required to meet acquisition/internal deadlines.
- This position may include occasional travel.
- Financial Analysis
5+ to 7 years
This job is no longer active.