Rockefeller Group is one of the most trusted names in real estate – a leading developer, owner and investor, known for pioneering large-scale urban mixed-use development. For nearly nine decades the company has been trusted for its financial strength, stability and vision, and today remains committed to the selective acquisition, management and development of innovative, high-quality properties that create long-term economic and civic value.
Our heritage and our people are our greatest assets. We empower and expect our employees to bring new perspectives, drive opportunities, and strengthen our competitive advantage. Being part of our team gives you the opportunity to build your legacy with one of the most trusted names in real estate.
Rockefeller Group provides a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) plan, tuition reimbursement program and health club reimbursement program.
Rockefeller Group, meaning Rockefeller Group International, Inc. and its affiliates, is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all federal, state and local equal employment opportunity laws.
Position Title: Property Manager
Department Name: Property Management
Reports to: SVP, Asset Services
Location: New York, NY
Manages the property's operations to maximize performance, profitable growth and return on investments. Plans, organizes, directs and controls activities of the property, utilizing available resources.
Summary of Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Annually develops and manages operating and capital budgets (as per Management Agreement) and secures approvals of both SVP, Asset Services and ownership representatives
- Manages and coordinates all staff operations including administration, engineering, construction, security, parking, and cleaning
- Manages annual operations, maintenance and capital budgets (as per Management Agreement). Ensures competitive contracts and in-house maintenance standards are maintained and funds are available to support annual business operating plan
- Solicits bids from contractors for work performed in building and awards contracts after securing required approvals. Maintains working knowledge of all vendor contracts and ensures specifications are met
- Monitors building operating and energy management systems for efficiency and cost savings while maintaining environmental conditions
- Works to identify and implement cost savings initiatives with an overall goal of reducing operating expenses and increase operational efficiency
- Creates and implements staff planning and development programs to meet ongoing operational requirements of property
- Develops and motivates staff to achieve goals and objectives in accordance with the strategy of the Operations team
- Conducts regular meetings with staff to review objectives and performance goals
- Ensures employees are provided necessary training and direction to achieve designated objectives
- Reviews and evaluates property's performance on a continuing basis, providing explanations to ownership of any variance to business plan and/or operating and capital budgets
- Approves and authorizes budgeted expenditures for operating expenses up to authorized level
- Inspects building on an ongoing basis to determine efficiency and effectiveness of RGDC personnel, and outside service contractors
- Maintains a positive relationship with all ownership representatives, tenant representatives, and Rockefeller Group staff to ensure management and operating efficiency
- Ensures compliance with all local and federal regulatory agencies and requirements including, but not limited to, EEOC, OSHA, EPA, fire safety codes, and ADA
- Coordinates with SVP, Asset Services on Capital Projects (as per Management Agreement)
- Develops, implements, and monitors tenant relations and retention programs, including identifying opportunities to utilize new technologies to strenghten the programs
- Performs other essential duties as directed
Bachelor’s Degree - preferred field of study: Engineering or Business; or
High School Diploma/GED with 10-15 years of experience in building operations and management, and the management of personnel
Experience / Knowledge / Skills Requirements:
- Minimum of ten years progressive experience in building operations and management, and the management of personnel. Experience managing a “Class A” commercial property of over 1 million square feet is preferred
- Proven management and leadership skills. Strong background in managing unionized work force preferred
- Capable of responding to inquiries or complaints from customers or members of the business community in a professional and businesslike manner. Ability to develop and maintain an excellent rapport with customers and resolve difficult issues to customers' satisfaction
- Ability to effectively present information to tenants, senior management, owners and/or owner's representatives and staff in written and verbal formats
- MS Office (Excel, Word, and Outlook) experience required
- PeopleSoft and/or Yardi experience preferred
- Ability to organize and prioritize responsibilities. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions, including decisive thinking in crisis situations. Ability to apply principles of logical thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems
- Frequently required to stand, stoop, bend, reach, climb stairs and walk through crowded areas; and frequently required to travel to meetings and work sites
- Ability to work long, irregular hours, and a varied schedule including weekends, and ability to return to work for emergency situations on an on-call basis. Accessible by phone 24/7
- Work Environment:
- Noise level is consistent with levels usually present in an office environment or physical plant
- Hazards present are consistent with those common to an office or physical plant
- Outdoor work is frequently required in surroundings that provide no effective protection from weather conditions
Licenses / Certifications Requirements:
Possess or obtain Fire Safety Director’s / EAP License.
Possess or obtain advanced certification from a professional organization (i.e., Building Owners and Managers Association RPA or FMA certificate) or graduate degree in Real Estate Sciences or Business.
- Property Management
10+ to 15 years