Zions Bancorporation is currently seeking well qualified loan syndication professionals for the role of Associate. The successful incumbent will be responsible for the following essential job duties:
- Assist the Loan Syndications Group with the syndication process including; researching market intel, writing credit support memos, reviewing recent deals closed in the market and identifying potential investors (banks/financial Institutions) when Zions is acting as Agent/Lead Arranger.
- Evaluate Market risk for the proposed deals.
- Support internal Relationship Managers on prospective syndicated loan deals and assist in reviewing new lead opportunities.
- Assist with drafting offering memoranda, proposals and financial presentations detailing client and transaction-related fundamental information including merits, risk and risk mitigation.
- Prepare loan marketing packages for distribution to investors.
- Administer and launch data room site for active deals where Zions is the agent bank where all other involved financial groups can review the information for the deal.
- Keep active templates for marketing materials and offering memorandums with current information on both Zions and the market.
- Actively sources loan market data and maintain a database of comparable transactions and competitors.
- Maintain databases and reports for submission to senior management.
- Remain current on market data, particularly in the bank's areas of industry focus.
- Maintain relationships with investors and keep an internal database of all participating financial institutions.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree and 2+ years; investment banking analyst training program, loan syndications experience or, equivalent commercial lending and/or relationship management, or other directly related experience.
- Commercial Real Estate experience a plus.
- MBA, CFA and/or Formal Credit Training with equivalent background a plus (an equivalent combination of education and experience may meet qualifications).
- Knowledge of investment banking analysis and financial presentation packages.
- Good understanding of credit processes and procedures.
- Demonstrated understanding of financial services, specifically within Investment Banking.
- Strong writing skills.
- Solid communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to view and solve problems from customer's perspective.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects and track details.
- Strong problem solving, organization, planning and follow-up skills.
- Must be detailed oriented.
- Strong analytical capability.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Working knowledge of various software applications including word processing and spreadsheets.
2+ to 5 years