Red Mountain Group, Inc. is searching for a Director of Entitlements and Construction. We are looking for a leader who will assume full responsibility for the day-to-day management of the Company’s construction department, including oversight of all phases of pre-development, construction, tenant coordination and entitlements functions. This position will be based out of our corporate office in Santa Ana, California and will be responsible for the entire property portfolio mainly located in California and Arizona as well as 17 other states. Occasional travel will be required.
- Implement and execute project business plans.
- Manage, coordinate and review all project components including pre-development, entitlements and construction to ensure that all projects are completed and delivered on time and on budget.
- Work with Construction Managers to insure budgets and schedules are maintained.
- Work closely with the Leasing Department to review and implement physical lease requirements and tenant lease requirements.
- Interprets zoning codes, general plans, specific plans and planning documents necessary to communicate project goals to a variety of audiences.
- Attends plan review meetings with architects, engineers, contractors, builders, property owners, and the public.
- Establish procedures and processes for the department as needed.
- Develop and report department and project metrics.
- Preparation and management of master project schedule detailing the progress of each project to ensure that the project plan (including budget, schedule and quality) is being maintained.
- Site planning with AutoCAD a HUGE PLUS
- Conduct regular department/team meetings.
- Bachelor’s Degree required and higher preferred in architecture, engineering, construction management or some related field.
- Minimum 8-10 years of real estate development or project management related experience at a similar commercial real estate business
- 5-7 years of management and strategic construction experience. Must have experience leading teams with direct reports.
- Thorough technical knowledge of all aspects of retail construction and re-development
- Knowledge and understanding of land planning, urban design, local/regional land use, zoning, land development plan review and all construction activities as they relate to the entitlements process
Red Mountain Group has been in the shopping center re-development business for over 25 years. We are a fully integrated company providing management, finance, development, entitlements and construction services. As a full-service provider, we are able to respond to the ever changing conditions of the retail and mixed use real estate market swiftly and proficiently. Whether pursuing the acquisition, rehab and re-tenanting of a challenged shopping center, or building a ground-up development, Red Mountain Group creates success where there was once failure. Learn more about us at RedMountainGroupInc.comOnly local candidates will be considered at this time. No relocation is offered with this position.
5+ to 7 years
This job is no longer active.