Seritage Growth Properties (NYSE: SRG) has an immediate need for a Financial Analyst to join its Investments and Portfolio Management team. We are seeking experienced, energetic and innovative professionals to join our dynamic and growing company as we redevelop our properties to their highest and best use. We strive to achieve excellence with a culture of professionalism and integrity and welcome the opportunity to speak with candidates who share these values. The position is responsible for the general support of all aspects of the company’s transactions activities. The successful candidate has a demonstrated entrepreneurial and team-oriented mindset, is open to growth, passionate about real estate investing, possesses strong analytical skills, and has experience underwriting real estate cashflows.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to TransactionsCandidate@Seritage.com. This position is based at our NYC headquarters and reports to the SVP, Investments and Portfolio Management.
Seritage is a publicly traded real estate investment trust headquartered in New York City. The Company’s portfolio consists of 249 properties totaling approximately 39 million square feet of retail space and is broadly diversified across 49 states and Puerto Rico. Since our formation in 2015, we have leased over 5 million square feet to leading national retailers in growing sectors such as value fashion, entertainment, food & beverage, grocery, fitness and home goods, among other categories. Seritage is actively evaluating transaction opportunities and growing its joint venture partnerships. For joint ventures, we serve as either the operating partner for equity partnerships or as the investment partner for development partnerships. Our portfolio and platform present a unique opportunity for growth both as a company and individually.
Role and Responsibilities
- Underwrite potential joint ventures, acquisitions and dispositions by reviewing relevant documents, forming and vetting assumptions and incorporating into detailed financial models
- Evaluate and summarize market research to support conclusions
- Prepare investment committee memos for executive management and Board of Directors
- Collaborate across all internal organization functions as well as external relationships to manage due diligence and closings
- Conduct portfolio management analysis to support investment strategy and assess performance
- Actively monitor industry transaction activity and trends to assist in informing our investment strategy
- Maintain detailed transactions pipeline that is reviewed on regular basis with the management team
- Ad hoc requests and special projects as necessary
- Excellent academic credentials
- 1–3 years of real estate experience through investment banking, private equity, or similar institutional experience
- Retail real estate, mixed-use, and/or joint venture experience a plus
- Excellent Excel and Argus modeling skills; fluency with JV cash flow modeling a plus
- Excellent verbal communication, business writing, and presentation skills
- Demonstrated interest in real estate and understanding of key financial concepts
- Self-motivated, and detail-oriented, with strong work ethic
- Well organized, with strong project management skills including ability to multi-task, and work successfully under pressure
- Ethical conduct
- Excellent organizational, research, problem solving, and communication skills
- Knowledge of real estate valuation techniques
- Fluency in Microsoft Office, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Excel
- A creative, problem solving approach.
- Ability to ask appropriate questions, utilize financial analysis to provide recommendations, and form conclusions
- Be a culture based on respect
- Build relationships for the long term
- Create an environment of constant improvement
- Be entrepreneurial and proactive
- Inspire people and communities through our projects
- Seritage Growth Properties provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Seritage Growth Properties complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
- Financial Analysis
- Investment Management
1+ to 2 years
Apply for this job