The successful candidate will support Terra’s originators in analyzing, underwriting, and presenting prospective commercial real estate mezzanine loans and preferred equity investments.
- Lead financial analysis and cash-flow modeling
- Prepare and discuss analysis and investment recommendations with Terra’s investment committee
- Evaluate property diligence
- Interface with brokers, lenders, and borrowers to assess deal strengths and risks and mitigants
- Conduct site and market inspections
- Research, analyze, and generate investment conclusions about markets (geographic, property type, financial)
- Manage the underwriting and closing process
Candidate should have 2-5 years of experience underwriting and closing commercial property acquisitions or loans. Subordinate real estate debt experience is preferred but not required. Experience underwriting bridge and construction business plans is desirable.
- Excellent analytical and credit skills across all major commercial property types
- Strong financial analytical abilities, including strong proficiency in Excel and ARGUS
- Ability to effectively multi-task and prioritize deliverables in a dynamic work environment
- Organized, with an ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Strong oral and written presentation skills, including investment memo preparation
- Ability to prioritize projects and manage urgent requests
- Conscientious and attentive to detail
- Possess strong transactional management, organizational, and interpersonal skills
- Comfortable and experienced with giving professional presentations and interacting with senior-level executives and investors
- Interested in progressive responsibility within real estate investments, including origination
- Willingness to travel as required
Competitive based on experience and qualifications
Candidates must provide examples of recently closed transactions and be prepared to discuss in detail. Please send resume and cover letter. Applications without a cover letter will not be reviewed.
- Investment Management
- Hospitality / Entertainment
2+ to 5 years
This job is no longer active.