Western National Properties (WNP) provides acquisition, development, finance and investment management services within Western National Group (WNG), a leading private multifamily investment company in the Western U.S. WNG has a fully integrated, operating platform that incorporates all of the major multifamily disciplines, including acquisitions, development, construction, property management, and investment management.
WNP is currently seeking a Financial Analyst to join our Investment Management Group. This position will be based at our corporate office in Irvine, California.
The Financial Analyst will be responsible for monitoring property-level operations, assisting in carrying out investment/portfolio management strategies, conducting market research, assisting financial analysis for multifamily investments, tracking market activity, updating company pipeline and supporting investor reporting / communications.
DUTIES AND ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Investment Performance Monitoring & Reporting:
Collects and organizes various financial and operating data, reports, and budgets from internal divisions (accounting, property management, construction, acquisition, development, etc.) and third-parties for assets included in the funds and joint ventures. Assists in preparation of investor reports for WNRA’s private real estate equity funds and joint venture partners. Takes a key role in drafting of internal and external memoranda and other presentation materials regarding the company and its investment activities.
Updates internal reforecast models monthly/quarterly. Prepares monthly/distribution calculations and forecasting of cash balances. Aggregates materials from internal divisions (construction, property management, and accounting) for monthly/quarterly investor reporting. Ad-hoc buy/sell analysis and other special projects.
Performs financial analyses for multifamily investments (acquisition and development) at the asset-level and consolidated portfolio / fund-level, through the creation and / or use of complex, Excel-based models, investment performance reforecast, and valuation models. Performs sensitivity analyses, loan alternatives, partnership splits, capital budgeting, and projecting investment returns.
Conducts research regarding capital markets trends, as well as micro- and macro-economic, demographic, and real estate trends for specific markets, in which the Company has active investments.
Tracks market transaction activity and updates company pipeline for internal and external purposes
Exercises discretion and independent judgment.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Strong personal initiative and desire to succeed in a fast-paced environment.
- Clear understanding of fundamental real estate economics, finance principles, and financial statements.
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills.
- Attention to detail and extremely organized.
- Ability to create and manipulate complex financial models and graphs from Excel.
- Excellent communication skills – written, oral and interpersonal.
- Able to work independently, be self-motivated, and a team player.
- Strong project management and coordination skills as well as the ability to multi-task.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and proof of auto insurance.
- Solid understanding of multifamily real estate investment, as well as past success and experience in residential/commercial real estate asset management/investment analysis.
- Two to five years of real estate experience in multifamily asset management, investment management, acquisition, real estate research, or another suitable real estate finance-related field (internships count towards required experience).
Bachelor’s degree in real estate, finance, accounting, economics, or business administration required.
Frequent standing, sitting, walking, stooping, bending, twisting, climbing stairs, fine hand manipulation (keying/mousing), reaching, simple grasping (answering phone) and occasional lifting or carrying objects up to 20 lbs.
Western National Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, medical condition, disability or any other legally protected status.
- Financial Analysis
- Investment Management
- Research/Market Analysis
- Alternative Investments
- Hospitality / Entertainment
2+ to 5 years
This job is no longer active.