Come join one of San Diego’s four S&P 500 companies, Realty Income Corporation, the Monthly Dividend Company. Realty Income attracts individuals who value integrity, perseverance, and teamwork. If working in a professional environment that rewards employees based on meritocracy and values work-life balance resonates with you, please apply today.
Our current opening is for an experienced Asset Management Analyst has a critical role in the Portfolio and Asset Management department, developing a robust and transferable skill set over the course of a 3-year program. The Asset Management Analyst will work with a mentor and engage in on-going learning experiences by (i) building strong analytical foundations, (ii) reviewing opportunities throughout the various life cycle of real estate properties, (iii) coordinating transaction executions, and (iii) developing both verbal and written communication skills.
The rotation program is a 3-year program, supported through a structured training and a defined career projection, with expectation that a successful candidate will continue working at Realty Income in the role chosen at the end of the program. The Asset Management Analyst will report to Associate Director, Portfolio Analytics.
The program is structured as follows:
- Year 1: building analytical foundations and understanding internal processes, working primarily with Associate Director, Portfolio Analytics, followed by getting assigned to a specific set of properties within Realty Income’s portfolio
- Year 2: focusing on the set of assigned properties, working on various types of transactions from end to end, ranging from (i) non-credit lease renewal, (ii) re-lease, (iii) vacant disposition, (iv) redevelopment, and (v) investment sale
- Year 3: leading transaction execution and gradually narrowing into a preferred role based on the employee’s interests and skills, matched with the company’s needs
The Asset Management Analyst will collaborate with various constituents in evaluating properties and tenants on a regular basis to optimize the value of real estate properties within Realty Income’s portfolio. The AM Analyst will be assigned to a specific set of properties, and the type of projects will be based on the lifecycle of a given property: (i) non-credit lease renewal, (ii) re-lease, (iii) vacant disposition, (iv) redevelopment, and (v) investment sale.
Non-credit lease renewal:
- Assist with resolution of non-credit tenants, including (i) lease renewal, (ii) request for assignment or sublease, (iii) lease amendment, (iv) and default and settlement agreement:
- Evaluate tenant’s financial performance and review store-level financial profitability
- Verify tenant’s compliance with rent, tax, insurance, and property management requirements
- Conduct market analysis to affirm re-lease strategy vs. potential alternative opportunities
Re-lease and Vacant Disposition:
- Assist with resolution of vacant properties
- Conduct financial analysis on re-lease vs. disposition options
- Prepare property marketing files and review zoning, planning, deed, title, and other potentially restrictive burdens on properties
- Assist with lease and/or sale negotiations
- Assist in pursuing development opportunities on existing assets, including (i) pad leasing, (ii) outparcel built-to-suit, (iii) re-purposing assets, and (iv) demising of big box space
- Review property and legal files for viability of redevelopment opportunities
- Communicate with local municipalities regarding requirements for redevelopment of a particular site
- Assist with negotiating lease amendment, term sheet, profit-sharing, and reciprocal easement
- Assist in executing investment sales strategy to opportunistically monetize properties:
- Identify properties to dispose based on alignment of strategic goals
- Monitor and maintain a project tracking system to ensure timely transaction completion
- Evaluate transaction economics and negotiate deal terms in Realty Income’s best interests by utilizing best practice negotiation tactics
Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university
- Competent knowledge of the use and applicability of budgeting, cash flows, and financial analysis for real estate transactions
- General understanding of commercial real estate and/or financial statements
- Proficient in MS Office products
- 0-4 years of experience in real estate transactions, leasing and disposition, and/or development
Certificates, licenses or registrations:
- CA Bureau of Real Estate Salesperson license (or ability to obtain within 12 months of hire)
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to build solid relationships quickly and maintain them
- Must be able to multi-task
- Prioritizing projects based on level of importance, impact, and effort to complete
- Ensuring clarity on direction, objective, and deadline to complete before undertaking a task in order to optimize efficiency. Seek full understanding by asking questions as appropriate and referencing materials such as procedures, checklists, user guides or instructional emails.
- Reading team dynamics and assessing the most appropriate methods to facilitate bringing a topic or issue to a potential resolution
- Strong organizational, prioritization, and follow-through skills
- Project-managing transaction-related activities
- Must demonstrate high level of attention to detail when necessary, without missing the bigger picture
- Proficient knowledge of Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Good understanding of financial modeling, financial statement analysis, corporate finance, and transaction structuring
- Developing proficiency in using and applying rationale, fact-based business judgement; applying reasonableness in analyzing tasks/issues
- Asset Management
- Portfolio Management
1+ to 2 years
This job is no longer active.