- Inspect project sites to monitor progress and ensure conformance to design specifications and safety or sanitation standards.
- Compute load and grade requirements, water flow rates, or material stress factors to determine design specifications.
- Provide technical advice to industrial or managerial personnel regarding design, construction, program modifications or structural repairs.
- Test soils and materials to determine the adequacy and strength of foundations, concrete, asphalt, and/or steel.
- Manage and direct the construction, operations, and maintenance activities at the project site(s).
- Direct or participate in surveying to lay out installations or establish reference points, grades, and elevations to guide construction.
- Estimate quantities and cost of materials, equipment, along with labor to determine project feasibility.
- Plan and design transportation, hydraulic systems and/or structures using computer assisted design or drawing tools.
- Design energy efficient or environmentally sound civil structures.
- Identify environmental risks and develop risk management strategies for civil engineering projects.
- Direct engineering activities ensuring compliance with environmental, safety, and other governmental regulations.
- Analyze survey reports, maps, drawings, blueprints, aerial photography, and other topographical or geologic data.
- Conduct studies of traffic patterns and environmental conditions to identify engineering problems and assess potential project impact.
- Stay abreast of company policies, procedures, and practices; participates in ongoing training and development as assigned or approved to assure knowledge and skills remain current and comprehensive.
- Adhere to all applicable federal, state, and local laws as well as applicable regulations and standards.
- Establish trusted working relationship with clients and interacts socially at mixed engagements with regional clients.
- Apply structural engineering principles to new and unusual situations and collaborate ideas with other structural team members
- Prepare and monitor project status reports
Qualifications and Desired Characteristics
- Must have at least 5 years of mixed-use high-rise real estate project engineering work experience in projects over 20 floors. (Hotel/condos/retail/office space)
- Bachelor Degree in Civil Engineering/Construction Management from a U.S accredited educational institution preferred.
- Strong working knowledge of Google Calendar, and MS Office.
- Detail oriented individual with strong work ethic and self-starting positive attitude.
- Professional Structural Engineering License in State of CA or equivalent experience
- E.I.T. Certification, Candidates must possess a BS in civil engineering. MS preferred; Professional registration as a PE is required, SE preferred.
- Familiarity with typical computer software programs used for civil engineering design (AutoCAD, Civil3D, Hydrology and Hydraulic, Water CAD, Flow master, etc.) is a plus.
- Uses engineering judgment to perform duties and know when to ask questions, seek assistance or perform independent research
- Perform engineering calculations, clearly documenting methodology used and checks his/her work
- Check for accuracy of design and adherence to City of Los Angeles guidelines, standards, and specifications
5+ to 7 years
This job is no longer active.