- Review Contract Documents, make suggestions to improve the documents as they relate to the MEP scope of work.
- Manage and lead MEP subcontractors throughout the duration of the project (from Groundbreaking through Commissioning and Turnover to Owner).
- Assist Scheduling department with developing detailed CPM schedules for all MEP installation activities, including cost and resource loading.
- Develop a MEP Schedule of Values and assist in the payment process.
- Work with Construction Manager on project logistics and temporary facility plans.
- Review and approve material and equipment for MEP systems prior to installation.
- Monitor the installation and startup of MEP systems and commissioning of the project with the Subcontractor & Owner.
- Coordinate activities, materials procurement and other related activities with Project coordinator and Field Staff.
- Communicate progress and prepare appropriate reports as needed by Construction Manager, Director, Architect, etc.
- Lead and direct the 3-D coordination process to resolve installation conflicts prior to start of work.
- Take overall responsibility for the scheduling and performance of all MEP trades.
- Supervise review and coordination of submittals and shop drawings
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Extensive experience with REVIT MEP
- AutoCAD 3D
- AutoCAD Architecture
- Experience with Adobe Acrobat and/or Bluebeam
Qualifications and Desired Characteristics
- Has proven track record as a Superintendent on multimillion luxury home projects (for Mechanical and Electrical portions of contracts).
- Thorough knowledge of all mechanical, electrical, plumbing and low-voltage systems.
- General understanding of Building Codes, Mechanical Codes, Electrical Codes and Plumbing Codes as they relate to construction of project.
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management or Engineering a plus.
- Experience in dealing with MEP subcontracts and subcontractors.
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related field
PMP Certification or similar
5+ to 7 years
Apply for this job