We are seeking an Acquisitions Analyst with 1 to 3 years of overall experience, preferably in real estate or a related field. Property type focus will be broad including multifamily, office, development, industrial, retail and other alternative property sectors. Geographic focus is major Western Region markets. We pursue both joint venture and direct investments. Intercontinental Real Estate Corp. is headquartered in Boston, MA and the position will be based in Los Angeles (Sherman Oaks). The Analyst will report to the Western Region Acquisitions Team (Senior Director, Director and Associate).
Intercontinental Real Estate Corp. is headquartered in Boston, MA and manages a portfolio in excess of $7 billion for its clients. Its flagship fund, U.S. Real Estate Investment Fund (US REIF), is an open-ended, fully discretionary, commingled fund that is diversified both by property type and by geography. Fund strategies actively seek opportunities to invest in both Core and Core-Plus properties, as well as in Value-Add operating properties and development projects.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Underwrite acquisition and development opportunities via financial modeling and analysis of cash flows using a combination of Argus and/or Excel.
- Prepare investment memoranda for senior management, deal pipeline meetings and investment committee.
- Perform market research for capital market conditions, submarkets and properties.
- Coordinate due diligence and the closing process for acquisition deals including third-party reports, property level information and debt financing.
- Sporadic market and property visits in the Western United States.
- Portfolio management projects and analyses related to existing investments as needed. May include investment/quarterly monitoring and hold-sell recommendations.
- Interface with internal and external parties, such as sales brokers, operating partners, asset management team, lenders, and legal counsel.
- Assist with office and information technology related projects as needed.
- BA/BS degree in Real Estate, Business Administration, Finance, Economics or Accounting.
- 1-3 years of overall experience, preferably in real estate or a related field. This is a pre-MBA position.
- Ability to underwrite and analyze a broad range of asset classes, including multifamily, office, retail and industrial properties as well as development projects.
- Intermediate level skills in Argus (preferably both DCF and Enterprise versions) and creating and using financial models in Excel. An Argus/Excel test will be administered as part of the interview process.
- Strong analytical, writing and verbal skills with the capacity to convey observations into supportable conclusions and recommendations.
- Self-motivated with attention to detail and an ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong organizational skills, with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to succeed in an entrepreneurial and small, dynamic team environment and proactively take on additional tasks and responsibilities that may arise.
For consideration please submit a resume and cover letter via Select Leaders. Please do not email Intercontinental employees directly.
- Financial Analysis
- Due Diligence
Apply for this job