Akelius is a Swedish based real estate firm with 50 000 apartments in Canada, England, Germany, France, Sweden, United States and Denmark. We offer our concept of Better Living by improving apartments, common areas, gardens and entrances that fit with a contemporary life style. Akelius owns and manages residential properties in NYC, Boston and Washington D.C.
We are seeking a Property Manager to oversee a multi-family community in New York, NY. The selected candidate will be directly responsible for effectively managing the apartment community, while maintaining an excellent relationship with its residents and staff. The successful individual will have a strong desire for creating extraordinary experiences of home and community while exceeding resident satisfaction.
- Manage onsite staff of leasing and maintenance professionals
- Oversee the overall financial and operational performance of the property.
- Establish and maintain positive customer service relationships with all constituents; owners, residents, vendors, etc.
- Achieve the highest possible net operating income through the implementation of effective cost control and revenue improvement programs
- Analyze and evaluate monthly and/or quarterly financial statements. Write clear and concise owner's reports to support the analysis
- Establish and implement leasing goals, while managing an effective lease expiration program
- Knowledge, understanding and compliance with applicable Federal, State and local laws
- Communicate effectively with construction team and asset management regarding property business plan and objectives
- Coordinate projects with team members in leasing, accounting, maintenance, and construction
- Oversee lease renewals, move-ins, move-outs, and transfers within the building
- Assist and ensure all customer complaints are handled promptly and appropriately
- Implement resident retention programs (i.e., resident functions, promotions, newsletters)
- Enforce terms of rental agreements including collections for overdue accounts
- Maintain a thorough understanding of local leasing market dynamics, marketing strategy, and product knowledge
- Implement the company’s First Class reporting guidelines, of which the focus is ensuring the property is a safe and clean community that residents are happy to call home.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelors Degree
- Minimum three years of multi-family housing property manager experience
- Three years Property Management
- Motivated self-starter with strong multi-tasking and organizational skills
- Ability to thrive and lead a team in an entrepreneurial environment
- Experience with onsite community renovation work strongly preferred
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Comprehensive knowledge of industry software systems; preferably Yardi Voyager
- Superior communication (written and verbal), negotiation and presentation skills with all levels of management internally and externally
- Strong leadership and administrative skills paralleled with exceptional customer service
You will work in a motivated and helpful team and entrepreneurial environment.
You get a competitive salary and benefits package that includes 401k plan, dental and medical insurance, disability benefits, life insurance, vision-care plan, wellness programs, paid sick and vacation time and paid holidays. You have also great opportunities for growth and career mobility along with opportunities to participate in leadership development programs.
- Facilities Management
- Project Management
- Property Management
2+ to 5 years
This job is no longer active.