Gemini Rosemont, is a fully-integrated commercial real estate platform that invests in and manages high-quality office properties located in gateway, primary and select secondary markets. Headquartered in the Southwest, the firm now over 170 professionals and has regional offices in Albuquerque, Atlanta, Dallas, Denver, Houston, Los Angeles, New York, Peoria, San Antonio, Seattle and Tulsa.
The New York office is currently engaged in the development of a 44-unit condominium project and is looking to acquire additional residential development opportunities, primarily in Manhattan. In addition, Gemini-Rosemont is looking to acquire value add office opportunities in the New York market.
The Assistant Business Development candidate will source development opportunities in the New York market. The individual will be responsible for sourcing, analyzing and performing due diligence on identified projects with the support of the company’s analytics team. Responsibilities will include; providing the investment committee all necessary information to make acquisitions decisions. Excellent communication, creative thinking and problem-solving skills are vital to the successful execution of this position.
- Meet with New York brokers, principals and other market participants to facilitate introductions to key industry contacts and the identification of deal flow.
- Manage and expand New York Acquisitions database and ongoing daily relationship management.
Source and perform preliminary evaluations on acquisition opportunities, with the ability to underwrite and perform more detailed evaluations as required to determine feasibility and fit with the firm’s investment objectives.
Development and maintenance of financial models.
- Conduct research and due diligence of prospective investment
Prepare documents on investment analysis (i.e.: investment memoranda, recommendations, due diligence findings, etc.)
- Monitor economic, demographic, and real estate trends and developments in the New York and National markets.
- Research and analyze each New York submarket to ascertain underwriting assumptions and new investment strategies.
- Participate in additional special projects at the discretion of management.
- Coordinate the transition from the acquisition phase to the pre-development phase
- Bachelor’s Degree Real Estate, Finance, Architecture or Construction Management or related discipline or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of 3 years of active real estate experience, specifically within New York City.
- Understanding of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation and project management.
- Experience with office, multifamily and mixed-use projects, including development experience with these sectors.
- Strong organization and time management skills.
- Able to deal effectively with multiple priorities.
- Extreme creativity and investigative skills mandatory.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to develop relationships with multiple stakeholders
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, especially within a global organization
- Must have strong analytical, quantitative and market research skills
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel (must have advanced skills and be able to create and edit complex financial formulas) and proficiency with Word, PowerPoint and Project
- Knowledge of Autocad and Revit preferred.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced/entrepreneurial environment.
- Project Management
- Alternative Investments
2+ to 5 years
This job is no longer active.