At Sterling, our legal department takes pride in being a solution-oriented team that gets the job done efficiently and effectively while providing a high-quality work product. Our team is known for its friendly attitude, reliability, and reputation for accuracy and timeliness. If you are an experienced paralegal or legal assistant with leasing experience, and can also build trusting relationships within our team and with the Sterling departments, we hope you will consider joining us in Palm Beach, FL. If you are new to the commercial real estate world, but have positive energy, enjoy problem solving, pay attention to detail and are a team player, we look forward to helping you develop skills in this great industry. Either way, we are committed to creating an excellent work environment, which fosters on-going mentoring relationships and provides strong opportunities for professional development.
- Document Drafting: Prepare initial drafts of retail lease agreements and a wide variety of ancillary lease documents for attorney review. Work on revisions of such documents through the negotiation process. Finalize and prepare such documents for execution by management.
- Leasing Director Support: Liaise with leasing director to identify or clarify business terms in lease documents and prioritize leasing matters. Act as point of contact with leasing team and communicate lease status adequately to all involved, as well as maintain lease tracker. Assist in lease negotiation process and report and escalate business issues to management as needed.
- Construction: Provide support and assist with the tracking of construction activities related to leasing matters.
- Lease Abstracting: Review and abstract national, regional and small shop retail leases to support underwriting for acquisition team.
- Experience: Minimum experience of five years in the legal profession or related work experience. Bachelor’s degree is required.
- Skills: Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail required. Must have ability to work well under pressure and manage competing priorities. Must have strong communication skills. Must have thorough working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
5+ to 7 years
This job is no longer active.