BKM Management Company is a growing firm looking for driven, entrepreneurial professionals who are passionate about their work and want to grow with us. This position participates in marketing campaigns and promotions for attracting and retaining tenants to minimize vacancies and improve tenant mix and asset occupancy, prepares forecasts and maintains budgets to maximize overall profit and performance. Located in our San Jose, California office, the Leasing Manager will play an integral role by negotiating new leases, lease renewals, lease assignments and amendments, and supporting the general marketing and leasing operations for BKM’s assets in the San Jose market. You must enjoy working within a small, entrepreneurial environment that is mission-driven, results-driven and detail oriented.
The ideal individual should exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, possess a high level of independence and competence in performing a full range of lease execution functions in a fast-paced environment with a high degree of ambiguity, and the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities. The selected individual must be a self-starter with strong organizational, planning and time management skills, consistently show a high level of external and internal customer service and problem resolution, responsive, and maintain a "can do" positive attitude for any task, demonstrate professionalism and maintain composure while handling multiple issues with tight deadlines. The successful candidate will also be a team player who will work closely with our property management staff.
The Job Essentials:
- Maintains company and property visibility with the brokerage and prospect community through industry events and marketing programs to maximize property exposure to the marketplace.
- Identifies and participates in attracting potential tenants including cold calling and canvassing techniques.
- Establishes and maintains positive tenant relationships to promote occupancy and accelerate lease renewals and portfolio retention rate.
- Is the primary contact for renewals, lease administration issues and directs the negotiation process with tenants for relocation and expansion projects.
- Evaluates prospective tenants including, but not limited to reviewing credit reports, Articles of Incorporation, Financial Statements, etc.
- Works closely with property management, architects and contractors to help expedite the space planning and tenant improvement process to maximize leasing velocity.
- Maintains market knowledge of comparable properties, their pricing and competitive positions, to maximize occupancy and financial performance of company assets relative to the market.
- Has the ability to forecast and budget expected property rental rates, summarize and gather financial data for leasing costs and timing for space absorption; evaluate leasing and pricing performance against budgeted expectations.
- Facilitates the execution and administration of all lease renewals and lease-related activities including drafting proposals, directing negotiations, procuring lease documents, and ensuring a successful occupancy record.
- Is the liaison between tenant contacts, and property management team to communicate property information and tenant space needs to appropriate individuals.
- Generates lease documentation and review critical lease information including rent and other financial obligations, specialty terms and clauses, and experience with interpreting complex legal language
- Uses and implements lease administration software, including VTS and Asana.
- Possesses general construction knowledge to support lease evaluation and provide tenant improvement scope to construction manager.
- Minimum 5 years related work experience to include real estate brokerage, sales, or lease administration.
- Excellent skill and experience in working with legal documents, contract review and negotiation and a full understanding of lease terminology, calculations, financial terms and principles required with strong attention to detail.
- Working knowledge of Yardi, Argus and MS Office applications with the skill set to build and maintain spreadsheets, access and analyze financial data per lease, and analyze industry standard data including market information, lease comps, sale comps and competitive property surveys.
- Must take initiative, complete projects with minimal supervision, and exercise good judgment.
- Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently and this position requires good work ethic and attendance.
- Competitive Pay
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- 401k Plan
- Professional Development Resources
- Fun Work Vibe
Selection Process: Don’t fret if you don’t hear from us immediately. We are growing and always looking for talented, hardworking people like you.
What We’re All About
Headquartered in Newport Beach, California, BKM Management Company is a fund manager specializing in the acquisition and improvement of value-add multi-tenant industrial properties in metro areas across the Western U.S. Combining a deep knowledge of this niche industrial product type with in-house capabilities including on-site property management, asset management, and structured financing, the firm continues to build on its proven track record, generating strong results with high levels of transparency and engagement for investors. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Property Management
5+ to 7 years
This job is no longer active.