TITLE: Vice President, Retail Development (Build-to-Suit)
REPORTS TO: Managing Director
LOCATION: Atlanta, GA
CLIENT: The Client is a privately-held commercial real estate development firm based in Atlanta, GA and committed to delivering the highest quality projects. With substantial liquid assets, the Client can move quickly to capitalize on real estate opportunities anywhere in the country. The leadership team has financed and developed more than 1.5 million square feet of commercial real estate across the Southeast and Southwest. The Client currently has an additional 1.5 million square feet in its development pipeline valued in excess of $500 million.
The Vice President, Retail Development (Build-to-Suit) is responsible for the day-to-day management, oversight and implementation of multiple national retailer build-to-suit projects in the Southeast and Southwest throughout the development process from conceptual design to entitlements, budgeting and pro forma analysis and lease up and stabilization, while partnering closely with the Managing Director, his colleagues in construction, leasing and finance and a first tier 3rd party project management group.
- Support the planning, implementation and monitoring of all aspects of multiple build to suit development projects from inception to conclusion, to ensure timely completion of all objectives and milestones
- Coordinate and disseminate internally and externally project information as assigned by the Managing Director
- Interface and coordinate with various external consultants and contractors along with internal leasing, finance and construction teams
- Build and maintain project schedules for the development team, along with budgets and financial information
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Undergraduate degree in real estate, construction, architecture or related discipline, graduate degree a plus
- Desire minimum 8 to 10 years of experience in commercial real estate development and construction, with particular focus on 8.000 to 15,000 square foot build-to-suit projects, including restaurants, banks and other complex, freestanding triple net retail structures
- Experience coordinating the development and construction of such new retail projects in collaboration with architects, engineers, governmental officials, lenders, general contractors and program and project managers
- Excellent presentation and communication skills, both oral and in writing
- Disciplined and results driven with strong retail development and construction skills, especially in the build-to-suit arena
- Ability to build trust and influence others positively, both internally and externally
- Possess impeccable ethics and trustworthiness
- Ability to work effectively independently and under pressure, yet consummate team player
- Working facility with Word and Excel spreadsheets, along with project budgets, timelines and pro formas
Highly competitive compensation package, including a substantial base salary, attractive performance incentives and generous benefits.
Phil Curtis, Partner
Our client is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate as to race, creed, color, sex or national origin.
We fully respect the need for confidentiality of information by interested parties and assure them that their backgrounds and interests will not be discussed with anyone, including our client, without their prior consent, nor will reference contacts be made until mutual interest has been established.
This job is no longer active.