PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
The Vice President of Operations is responsible for providing oversight and direction for the operations of a portfolio of assets consisting of 3.6 million sf across multiple states in the Southwest. The person in this position will work closely with executive operations staff to plan and execute corporate strategy for this region and drive portfolio performance. The Vice President of Operations, Southwest must have senior level property management experience, leasing experience, and a deep understanding and background in financial review and analysis. The position works closely with and directs in-house management and engineering staff and is responsible for training/staffing new in-house markets as appropriate. This position will involve accounting, and will focus on strengthening tenant relationships, implementing strategic asset planning initiatives and objectives for the region. Travel is required.
- Work with our corporate office to ensure corporate initiatives and directives are carried out at every level within the region.
- Coordinate with in-house property management teams in overseeing tenant relations, building operations
- Directly oversee and guide the budgeting process for the region, providing oversight in areas for savings and driving performance. Track performance monthly and report to corporate on variances and strategy.
- Work closely with the VP of Leasing to execute a leasing strategy (that may include directly engaging in renewal leases for key tenants)
- Work closely with the Construction Manager to track and monitor all outstanding capital items and ensure tenant improvements are progressing on time and on budget.
- Complete and communicate monthly regional performance and metrics to the corporate team. Monthly updates include providing updates on accounts receivable collection efforts and reserve recommendations along with financial variances to budget, forecast and (if a new acquisition) underwriting. Throughout the year the position will be required to direct a number of ad-hoc reviews for the region including CAM review/reconciliation and quarterly reforecasting.
- Provide strategic and tactical support to the asset management team to develop and implement short & long term objectives to maximize cash flow and value
- Responsible for operational oversight of properties. Negotiate contracts (subject to standard form and executive approval) including property management and construction.
- Maintain accurate and timely property financials with the ability to input results into various real estate software platforms.
- Maintain excellent relationships with tenants, brokers, and other market participants and partners. Set the gold standard and ensure all levels of management in the region are in compliance.
- Develop and recommend strategic business plans for individual assets to determine current market valuation, value or cash flow enhancement opportunities; investment thesis for underperforming assets.
- Responsible for execution of approved business plans to include oversight of day-to-day operations of each asset with respect to directing property management, tenant relations, physical plant improvements and strategic leasing efforts
- Property acquisitions responsibilities include coordination of property closing including management of post-closing items and property transition to new asset management team and/or 3rd party managers.
Following are the minimum requirements of this position:
- BS/BA degree required; MBA or other advanced degree preferred
- Commercial real estate professional with 5-10 years’ experience
- Real Estate Salesperson or Broker License in state of residence
- Healthcare real estate experience is a plus
- Proven abilities to manage multiple properties and teams in multiple locations.
- Strong technical skills in budget preparation and reporting, finance, operations, underwriting, portfolio management, asset management, budgeting, cash flow projections and strategic planning
- Strong communication skills
- Strong negotiation skills and ability to create comprehensive proposals and recommendations
- Comprehensive spreadsheet (Excel) skills
- Comprehensive skills in real estate accounting platforms such as MRI or Yardi
- Excellent written and interpersonal skills
- Ability to travel up to 40% of time
- Asset Management
- Property Management
5+ to 7 years
Apply for this job