Looking for an opportunity to help change the landscape of Atlanta and surrounding communities? Want to be associated with a powerful entity where you can make a tangible difference?
The Fulton County/City of Atlanta Land Bank Authority (LBA) is growing and has two (2) amazing opportunities for individuals with the right level of experience. The LBA is charged with revitalizing blighted neighborhoods and directing reinvestment back into the Atlanta and Fulton County neighborhoods to support their long-term growth.
Located in downtown Atlanta, the LBA will be hiring experienced Program Directors (including a Senior Director) who will provide comprehensive planning and implementation of policies and redevelopment plans, converting non-revenue generating, vacant, abandoned, tax-delinquent and/or blighted parcels back to a productive use and on the tax roll. The Senior Program Director will also provide direct supervision of the Management Analyst and will oversee Development Partners and Real Estate Consults. In both roles, the selected candidates will be responsible for:
- Developing the strategy and planning for the execution of programmatic initiatives.
- Negotiating the acquisition and disposition of parcels to be use for residential, commercial or public purpose.
- Assisting with the preparation of the annual budgets for LBA.
- Coordinating with the Asset Manager to ensure property assets are maintained, insured and tracked.
- Work effectively with cross-functional teams that may include government professionals, non-profit & for-profit developers, general public, board directors and business professional.
- Prepare and present comprehensive Board packages at Board of Director meetings to obtain approval of action items and provide updates.
- Represent the LBA in attendance at Atlanta City Council, Fulton County Board of Commissioners, State Legislative Hearings, Committee and Administrative meetings and select stakeholder meetings, as required.
- Process and evaluate proposals requesting the LBA assistance.
- Utilize various databases to assist with economic analysis of business activities and maintenance digital data property records.
We are looking for individuals who have at least 5 years of experience in management and administration of housing development and rehabilitation, developing financing and public/private housing initiatives and transactional experience involving residential and/or commercial real estate, in a private or public agency. A Bachelor’s degree in either Finance, Urban Planning, Governmental Studies, Business/Public Administration, Real Estate or Accounting is required.
The ideal candidates must be a self-starter, innovative, accountable and understands real estate and legal documents. You must have strong communication skills (written and verbal) and a polished, professional demeanor to speak with internal and external constituents. You must have strong analytical skills, as well as a solid command of Excel and PowerPoint. You also must be willing to work hard, take initiative and multi-task.
- Community Development
- Property Management
5+ to 7 years
This job is no longer active.