Newmark Knight Frank (NKF) is one of the world's leading commercial real estate advisory firms. We provide a fully integrated platform of services to prominent multinational corporations and institutional investors across the globe, as well as to occupiers, owners and developers of real estate on a local, regional and national level.
Together with London-based partner Knight Frank and independently-owned offices, NKF's 14,100 professionals operate from more than 400 offices in established and emerging property markets on six continents.
Berkeley Point Capital is the preeminent source of capital solutions for multifamily owners and operators. With a nationwide presence and unparalleled expertise, Berkeley Point boasts a 30+ year history and a servicing portfolio of $58 billion representing in excess of 3,400 loans in 49 states. A top five Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac Lender in 2017, Berkeley Point offers a full complement of GSE, FHA, Life Company and Conduit products paired with extensive multifamily, affordable, student, seniors housing and healthcare expertise. This extensive and diverse national platform provides clients with superior execution in every market across the country. Berkeley Point is owned by Newmark Group, Inc., which is listed on the NASDAQ Global Select Market under the symbol "NMRK". Newmark Group, Inc. is a publicly traded subsidiary of BGC Partners, Inc. (BGC), a leading global brokerage company servicing the financial and real estate markets. BGC's common stock trades on the NASDAQ Global Select Market under the ticker symbol "BGCP".
We are seeking a Production Senior Associate/Originator with 5-10 years of commercial real estate experience; Fannie Mae/Freddie Mac multifamily Production or Underwriting experience considered a plus. The position’s primary responsibility will be to provide day-to-day financial, market and underwriting analysis of multifamily loans, manage a pipeline of in process and prospective loans as well as solicit new relationships with prospective owner/operators and manage existing relationships. The candidate will work directly with the ARA Newmark Investment Sales team in scheduling and attending property tours for prospective Buyers on assets listed by the aforementioned platforms.
This is an excellent opportunity to leverage existing client relationships, have extensive contact with our clients and to train under the premier multifamily lending programs of Fannie Mae & Freddie Mac, as well as in the delivery of other proprietary debt and equity products. This position affords the opportunity to work as part of one of the top debt origination teams on the sourcing, structuring and underwriting of transactions.
Essential Job Duties:
- Solicit new relationships with prospective owner/operators and manage existing relationships as needed on behalf of the client to enhance transaction volume
- Originate and/or manage all aspects of loan origination process, including presentations to senior management and clients, debt structuring, pricing strategy, transaction negotiation and closing
- Communicate with clients regarding various loan programs, determine optimal structures, and present applicable terms to generate business.
- Acts as the client's central point of contact throughout the loan execution cycle
- Coordinate as needed with the transaction management team relative to the structure, terms and pricing of each proposed transaction prior to client presentation and throughout the loan execution cycle
- Coordinate processing, underwriting and closing as needed to ensure smooth and timely issuance of loan commitment and closing
- Promptly address any and all client inquiries or concerns
- Participate in regularly scheduled pipeline meetings to discuss specific transactions, business development activities, call plans and issues that need prompt resolution
- Participate as needed in various industry functions including conferences, business development meetings, marketing and educational events
- Assist with the assembly of the required reporting for the Origination team – portfolio retention and new generation as needed
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with underwriting, closing and asset management, as well as external agency investors and lending partners
- Highly developed analytical, research and written oral presentation skills
- Ability to problem-solve and exercise independent judgment while displaying a high degree of initiative and accuracy
- Demonstrated ability to organize & prioritize projects; complete multiple tasks on schedule
- Ability to work productively under minimal supervision
- Must be proficient In Microsoft Office suite of applications including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong work ethic and pro-active team player able to work effectively under sometimes stressful conditions
Skills, Education and Experience:
- BA/ BS / Master’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Real Estate or other related fields
- Able to travel a minimum of 0-20%
- Brokerage / Sales
7+ to 10 years