The John Stewart Company is a full-service housing management, development and consulting organization that began in 1978 with a commitment to providing high quality service in the affordable housing sector. We work to enrich the lives of our residents and employees, while delivering our services cost effectively, efficiently and with the highest levels of professionalism, compassion, integrity and respect.
The John Stewart Company, serving as the Presidio Residences, is the residential property manager for the Presidio Trust (“Trust”), a wholly-owned government corporation responsible for preserving and enhancing the Presidio of San Francisco. The Presidio, an army base for over two hundred years, is required to be financially self-sufficient, with revenue to cover its activities coming primarily through the leasing of its real estate, including 1,150 housing units. The residential portfolio offers a variety of dwellings ranging from modest single-room occupancy apartments to premier former officers’ homes. An internally subsidized affordable program, encompassing about 17% of the portfolio, is also part of the Trust’s overall housing program. Effective marketing, leasing, communication and day-to-day management practices, along with positive customer relations, are key to the success of the Presidio Residences.
SUMMARY OF THE POSITION:
We are seeking an experienced manager to direct the key functions addressed above. We utilize a Yardi Suite of products to carry out many property management duties, including Voyager, Rent Café, Energy Solutions and Rent Maximizer. Annually, we turnover approximately 200 units and renew approximately 950 leases. Strong interpersonal and communication skills are important in interactions with both the Trust and our 3,000 residents.
- Hires, trains and supervises 15 staff members in accordance with company policies and directives.
- Builds and maintains positive staff working relationships; provides constructive and focused leadership; encourages teamwork and cooperation among staff.
- Provides excellent customer service and works diligently to ensure positive interactions with residents, housing prospects, Trust representatives and all others.
- Oversees application of and regularly uses Yardi and Microsoft Office products.
- Develops and implements Presidio-wide marketing plan and takes actions to maintain a high level of occupancy.
- Ensures consistent application of all lease terms, property rules and regulations; addresses violations as needed.
- Attends regular training seminars and other programs to stay up-to-date on trends and changing industry conditions and standards.
- Assists with special projects as assigned by the Trust, Regional Director or corporate office.
- Associates degree or equivalentprofessional certification. Bachelors of Art or Science is desirable.
- A minimum of 5 years of Property Management experience and 3 years of personnel supervision, training and evaluation experience.
- Basic mathematical skills with proficiency in reading, writing, and speaking English.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment with ability to prioritize assignments to meet deadlines.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook are essential. Yardi software knowledge is a plus.
Equal Opportunity Employer
San Francisco ONLY: JSCo will consider qualified applicants with a criminal history pursuant to San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance. Oakland ONLY: Section 3 candidates will be given priority at Section 3 properties. Los Angeles City ONLY: JSCo will consider applicants with a criminal history in compliance with the Los Angeles City Fair Chance Ordinance.
- Portfolio Management
- Property Management
5+ to 7 years