Core Function – Overseeing the current investment/development portfolio and spearheading the expansion of the division.
Metro 1 Development is a highly successful, privately owned real estate investment and development company in South Florida. Metro 1 is seeking a seasoned real estate executive to spearhead and lead the company’s development and investment platform. Metro 1 has built a stellar reputation shaping South Florida’s urban core neighborhoods such as Wynwood, Little River and Little Haiti for the past 13 years and has plans to expand its footprint across other markets in Florida and nationally by opportunistically investing in diverse property types. This candidate will be involved in the life cycle of real estate investment and development from acquisition to financing to execution of the business plans through disposition. This candidate should have solid analytical skills and the ability to source and underwrite deals, raise capital, secure financing and manage a portfolio of real estate assets, including managing a real estate fund.
- Be able to carefully and thoughtfully analyze large and small scale real estate investment/development opportunities and provide detailed reports and recommendations to the investment committee and CEO.
- Be proficient in various forms of raising capital from ICOs, to traditional real estate funds, REITS and crowdfunding models and apply best methods and networks to achieve the fundraising goals of the company.
- Act as primary asset manager overseeing the existing M1 Portfolio and the new assets and projects
- Business development – Be able to source new opportunities by leveraging existing personal and company networks.
- Be able to secure debt and equity financing for investments and projects.
- Act as the primary liaison with investors, lenders, professionals & partners
- Hire, train and manage any team members required to execute on business plan, including analysts and asset management professionals
- Work with the CEO, Controller & Property Accountants to optimize existing assets and implement institutional systems for reporting to institutions, high net worth individuals, lenders and partners.
- CIO will work with outside legal and accounting professions to develop and maintain the necessary documentation required by federal, state and SEC agencies to receive investor funds.
The successful candidate will be a seasoned, experienced real estate executive with a minimum of 10 years experience in the commercial real estate, development, private equity & venture capital spaces, who thinks outside the box and leverages relationships and experience to achieve success. Previous relevant experience would include managing a family office, opportunity or pension fund or holding a senior executive position in a real estate company focused on innovative real estate concepts. Strong analytical background necessary. Previous experience as a chief investment officer and/or director of acquisitions for a real estate company, fund, REIT, pension fund would be relevant.
- Candidate must have the ability to travel to conduct site visits, investor and lender meetings on behalf of the organization.
- Master’s Degree / MBA strongly desired
- Accounting background important
- Financial underwriting mastery required
- Previous experience underwriting complex real estate transactions a must
- Previous track record of successfully sourcing, closing and executing on real estate transactions required.
- Extremely tech savvy and up to date on current trends in real estate and technology.
- Stellar Communication and people skills required
- Mastery of excel and the Microsoft office suite
- Proficiency in Argus, Yardi and or Timberline or comparable a plus
- Familiarity with Salesforce CRM a plus
About Metro 1 Development
Metro 1 Development is a visionary real estate investment and development firm specializing in emerging urban markets & large scale mixed use projects at the intersection of community, technology and regenerative urban renewal. Metro 1 Development is currently invested in $2B worth of real estate projects at various stages of development in South Florida, including the Magic City Innovation District, a $1.4B mixed use innovation district in Miami’s Little Haiti District.
Metro 1 Development is a division of Metro 1 Companies, which includes Metro 1 Commercial, South Florida’s premier commercial brokerage company with over $2.5B in transactions and Metro 1 Management, the company’s property and asset management arm. Metro 1 has the been the regions recognized leader in the space for more than 13 years and continues to expand its foot print throughout Florida and beyond.Compensation: Highly Competitive/Commensurate with Professional Skills, Background and Experience.
- Investment Banking
- Investment Management
- Investor Relations
- Alternative Investments
10+ to 15 years
This job is no longer active.