Senior Financial Analyst – Commercial Real Estate Investments and Asset Management
Post Date: July 18, 2018 Type: Full time
Start Date: Immediate. Salary: Based on experience.
Location: United States – New York, NY Job Reference: Net Lease Financial Analyst
We are a specialized U.S. real estate investment manager and value-add investor specializing in real estate investments focused on the office and multifamily sectors in assets located in major metropolitan areas along the Eastern Seaboard. We are a dynamic group of highly skilled real estate professionals looking to add talented and exceptional members to our team.
The company is currently looking for a senior level financial analyst for our New York Office. As a Senior Financial Analyst you will provide financial, market research and investment analysis support in underwriting and closing net lease office and industrial investments. The Senior Financial Analyst will assist the Acquisition Officers in managing every facet of the investment process, from the time a deal is submitted until the company closes on an investment. This role will include responsibilities for Asset Management as well.
The Senior Financial Analyst will be responsible for transactions from initial bid through closing, including: performing “pre-screen” underwriting and deal structuring; performing due diligence and underwriting once investments are under letter of intent; working with co-investment partners, appraisers, consultants, underwriters, attorneys, and closers to ensure that deals get closed. This Senior Financial Analyst will work closely with the company’s multifamily property management affiliate as well.
Areas of Responsibility:
1. Manage due diligence process and ensure the accuracy and consistency of data provided.
2. Review documents for accuracy and consistency to deal terms.
3. Create marketing packages as required.
4. Perform financial cash flow analysis, sensitivity tables, property valuations, and joint venture waterfall structuring on properties
5. Complete property inspections and market due diligence/ analysis. Limited travel.
6. Facilitate the ordering and review of third party reports and any follow-up items which may be required.
7. Under supervision of Investment Officer, prepare Investment Committee Approval package.
8. Prepare weekly and monthly reports as required.
9. Facilitate all closings for acquisitions and refinancing.
10. Take an active role in asset management which includes fair market valuations, partner & lender reporting requirements, annual budgeting, capital planning and dispositions
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s degree in finance, real estate or accounting preferred. MBA or Graduate Degree in Real Estate preferred but not required.
• Minimum two years’ experience in commercial real estate principal investing or finance is required.
• Advanced knowledge of Argus, Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel, and Word.
• Experience in equity and debt underwriting for office and industrial assets required
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Excellent analytical skills with attention to detail.
• Ability to read, analyze and interpret financial reports and legal documents.
• Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects in a timely and thorough manner.
• Knowledge of local commercial real estate markets preferred.
The compensation plan for this individual will be commensurate with the skills required of the position and will be comprised of a competitive base salary, annual incentive plan, and health benefits.