Monument Realty is seeking an Acquisitions Associate to identify, underwrite and pursue new real estate deals and maintain and expand relationships with Monument’s investment partners. We are considering all experience levels for this position, from candidates with some real estate and financial modeling skills and a large amount of growth potential, to seasoned candidates with established networks within the real estate investment community. Candidates with capital markets experience will be given preference. Monument Realty pursues both existing assets and development deals in all of the major product types: office, residential (for-rent and for-sale), retail, and hotel.
- Undergraduate degree
- Minimum of 2 years (5+ is preferable) of experience using Excel for financial analysis
- Minimum of 2 years (5+ is preferable) of experience in commercial real estate, with some basic knowledge of standard real estate documents preferable – purchase and sale contracts, joint venture agreements, loan documents, leases
- Proficiency in Excel and Argus
- Ability to write well
- Willingness to learn and work hard; must be self-motivated and willing to take responsibility
- Attention to detail
- Monument Realty is an entrepreneurial company, and the employees that do best here are the ones that can seize tasks without waiting for specific instructions from superiors.
- The Acquisitions Associate will be generally responsible for underwriting and pursuing new acquisitions for an active commercial real estate company with a $1 billion portfolio. The company will be pursuing new deals aggressively, so the Acquisitions Associate will need to do basic underwriting on several deals at a time. The position will work directly with the Executive Vice President for Acquisitions and closely with the owner of Monument Realty.
- While the employee in this position will be expected initially to provide support to the Acquisitions team to allow the team to pursue as many deals as possible and present needed information to investment partners, the ideal candidate will transition to running deals themselves with only strategy-level oversight from other members of the team.
- Run pro formas, Argus, and do general modeling. Must be able to handle waterfalls for different deal structures. Prepare budgets, including doing research to verify assumptions.
- Oversee attorneys and other consultants in producing deal-related documents, such as purchase and sale agreements, loan documents, and joint venture agreements.
- Do property and market research for given areas – who owns what, how much land and density, pipeline, sales and leasing comparables.
- Prepare investor solicitation materials and business plans. Candidates with established networks within the institutional investment community and the ability to connect investors with deals will be given preference.
- Prepare Letters of Intent, general deal correspondence and other communications.
- Lead the preparation of major proposals.
- Oversee due diligence for properties put under contract.
About Monument Realty
Since 1998, Monument Realty’s successes have differentiated us in the market—a bold vision (and the confidence to carry it through), innovative thinking, and a smart approach to addressing the complexities of a fast moving, demanding business. Monument has expertise in commercial office, hotel, retail, land development and residential (both for-rent and for-sale) projects, and this varied experience allows us to pursue the right deals at the right times. Our historic portfolio of owned and developed assets includes more than six million square feet of Class A office space, 4,500 residential units, and a number of hotel properties with a total market value of nearly $6 billion.
We appreciate the interest of all applicants; however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
- Capital Markets
- Financial Analysis
- Alternative Investments
- Hospitality / Entertainment
2+ to 5 years
This job is no longer active.