Associate, Acquisitions & Development, MCR
MCR is currently seeking an Associate to join MCR’s Acquisitions & Development team, dedicated to growing our portfolio of branded select-service and independent full-service hotels across the country.
MCR is the seventh largest hotel owner-operator in the United States with a $2.0 billion portfolio of 85 premium-branded hotels across 26 states and 67 cities, including 50 Marriott properties, 30 Hilton properties, The High Line Hotel in downtown Manhattan, and the TWA Hotel at John F. Kennedy International Airport in New York City (opening in Spring 2019). Consistently honored with excellence awards, MCR was named one of the United States’ top owners in 2018 by Hotel Business, and the company has been recognized in The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, Condé Nast Traveler and Travel + Leisure. MCR is an equal opportunity employer of more than 2,500 team members and is dedicated to providing an integrity-driven, merit-based working environment. For more information on MCR, please visit
Position Summary:MCR’s Acquisitions & Development team focuses on three verticals in the hospitality real estate sector:
- Select service acquisitions and dispositions
- Independent full-service acquisitions and development
- Special projects, including development of the TWA Hotel at JFK Airport
The Associate will support the Acquisitions & Development team in all aspects of hospitality real estate investing, including financial analysis of prospective and current investments, market research, due diligence, and internal and external communication. The Associate will report to a Vice President of Acquisitions & Development.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Prepare financial analysis of investment opportunities, including the creation of detailed pro-forma models and associated tasks such as analyzing competitive properties, reviewing market supply / demand fundamentals, etc.
- Assist with due diligence for potential investments
- Analyze performance of portfolio investments on a regular basis and conduct specialized research into specific aspects of a hotel’s business
- Prepare investment memoranda and assist senior professionals with presentation of investment opportunities
- Support senior professionals in communication and negotiation with a wide variety of stakeholders including investors, business partners, consultants, and the public sector
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Experience researching, analyzing and drawing conclusions from market data, real estate values, and macro & micro economic trends
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment
- Excellent interpersonal and written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated with a can-do attitude
- Excellent time management, organizational and problem-solving skills
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Familiarity with hospitality industry financial statements, metrics, and data sources such as STR reports is preferred
- BA/BS degree. Coursework in Finance, Economics and Real Estate preferred
- One to three years of professional experience focused on commercial real estate investments, asset management, brokerage, and/or consulting (lodging investment experience preferred)
- Position will be based in New York City with periodic travel required
- Financial Analysis
- Hospitality / Entertainment
1+ to 2 years
This job is no longer active.