Providing experiences is not only our investment strategy, it's what drives our culture. EPR Properties is the kind of organization that gives you that once in a lifetime experience, right in the heart of Kansas City. Our teams are small, full of creativity and collaboration. Come work alongside some of the best in the industry as you stretch yourself and help further EPR's mission.
Position at a glance: Responsible for managing real estate assets from acquisition through disposition.
How does this position contribute to EPR's mission? This position has the opportunity to maximize total return for each asset in the recreation portfolio; collaborate, support, and challenge EPR's team members; and ensure our clients always want to come back to EPR Properties for their financing needs.
Need a deeper dive? Check out the primary accountabilities below:
- Analyze financial statements at both the property and parent company level
- Perform fundamental credit analysis
- Recognize, identify, and communicate potential asset risks
- Analyze property efficiencies, identify opportunities and implement plans for improved performance on an asset-by-asset basis
- Develop and distribute periodic reports on the performance of assets to management and executive officers
- Assist in managing tenant relationships
- Visit recreation assets, review tenant improvements, and ensure that properties are being maintained in first class condition
- Manage property inspection processes and provide site observation reports for the physical condition of assets
- Coordinate repairs as necessary
- Develop asset plan for each asset in the segment with conclusion to hold, sell, watch or redevelop
- Provide support for disposition processes
- Provide pre-acquisition input and assistance in the due diligence process, including review of financial and operational assumptions and contract provisions
- Identify capital opportunities within the existing recreation portfolio, including additional development, redevelopment or renovation
- Make a recommendation based upon a cohesive thesis
- If transaction is recommended, work with Director of Asset Management to develop a presentation to EPR’s Investment Committees summarizing the investment opportunity and the underwriting procedures performed
Retain and work closely with development agents and construction managers to provide direction and funding oversight of new construction projects and/or major tenant developments.
Own the resolution of operator, tenant, or borrower issues; which may include construction issues, restructuring deals and/or work-out agreements.
Project Management and Cross-Functional Collaboration:
- Directly support the objectives and needs of acquisitions team
- Partner with transactions and lease administration teams to manage coordination of post-acquisition activities and integration of new assets into the portfolio
- Work closely with the lease operations and legal teams to manage existing assets within the portfolio
Are you qualified? If you meet the below criteria and are excited to join our team, let's talk!
- Bachelors degree, or equivalent, in Finance, Economics, or Real Estate
- 3-7 years of experience in the commercial real estate, recreation or retail industry
- Experience in retail asset management, property management or leasing
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- The ability to develop and foster relationships at all levels
- Familiar with a variety of the real estate concepts, practices, and procedures
- Ability to travel; this position requires up to 35% of travel
Salary range is $70k-$85K, plus annual and long term incentives. EPR has one of the best healthcare packages, 401k match, and wellness and tuition reimbursement programs in the area. We value our talent and like to prove it.
- Asset Management
- Financial Analysis
- Project Management
- Hospitality / Entertainment
5+ to 7 years
Apply for this job