Evaluates single-family residential investment opportunities and negotiates the purchase thereof through a carefully selected and trained closed network of real estate agents. This includes underwriting each submitted property to ensure the asset meets the Company’s market-specific investment parameters. The Acquisitions Professional is expected to develop and maintain an in-depth understanding of the market, including, tracking competitor activity, rental rates, property values and potential bulk sale opportunities.
- Perform investment analysis and underwriting of single-family residences offered for sale via MLS, Auction, Bulk or New Construction which meet the Company’s purchase criteria and return / yield expectations
- Liaise with buyer’s agents; Negotiate purchases
- Work closely with the Construction team to establish a defined renovation scope and finish level in order to optimize each asset’s return profile (e.g. IRR and Cap Rate)
- Collaborate with Closing Department to ensure a smooth transaction
- Monitor property status through lease-up; Participate in weekly Asset Management meetings to assess overall leasing performance
- Incorporate real-time leasing performance trends into front-end neighborhood and asset selection and underwriting Track supply-demand trends and determine market rents; perform property valuations
- Visit properties and provide feedback to the Construction, Property Management, and Asset Management teams
- Tour submarkets and subdivisions and provide input as to whether the Company should expand its portfolio to include such locations
- Tour and evaluate competitor inventory; identify ways the Company can differentiate its properties to more favorably compete for residents
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferably in Business, Finance, or related subject) required
- Previous Analyst experience desired
- Advanced Excel, PowerPoint
- Familiarity with Salesforce CRM preferred
- Ability to be independent and a self-starter; is self-motivated and takes initiative
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple projects
- Strong verbal and written communication skills – ability to distill information down to key points
- Identify issues and offer solutions
- Thinks critically and draws well-reasoned conclusions
- Minimal travel required
This brief summary is not an all-inclusive description of job duties. Other job duties and responsibilities may also be assigned by the incumbent’s supervisor at any time based upon Company need.
Progress Residential® is a proud Equal Opportunity employer, m/f/d/v.
- Portfolio Management
- Property Management
1+ to 2 years
This job is no longer active.