Manage all aspects of the development process of complex urban hotel development projects. This includes all phases of a development project including acquisition, financing, zoning/entitlements, design, permitting, construction, leasing, and disposition. Coordinate hotel efforts related to hotel acquisitions, dispositions, and other transactions. The job is located in Manhattan, NY.
- Source deal opportunities that align with the company’s growth and objectives.
- Investigate potential acquisition and development opportunities that may include mixed-use hotel, retail, residential, and co-working platforms.
- Perform analytical studies to demonstrate the feasibility of the business plan for new acquisitions analyzing the impact of entry and/or expansion into key markets.
- Work closely with the Legal Team to negotiate term sheets, leases and purchase contracts.
- Assist in due diligence efforts on acquisition and development opportunities.
- Ability to travel, primarily domestically, approximately 30% of the time.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field; preference given to candidates with MBA or Master’s degree.
- Minimum of 3 years of development and/or acquisitions experience; prior hotel and mixed-use experience preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and proven entrepreneurial skill.
- Strong quantitative background in real estate and hotel finance, including financial feasibility analysis, design, financing, permitting, construction, and project management.
- Must possess attention to detail, confidentiality, integrity, and the ability to maintain a high level of professionalism.
- Experience identifying and qualifying leads to close real estate acquisitions is important.
- Strong networking skills and established reputation among industry peers and colleagues.
- Comfortable and confident leveraging existing relationships and forging new ones to source off-market deal opportunities.
- Strong oral and written presentation skills.
- Highly analytical and strong Excel modeling skills.
- Hospitality / Entertainment
2+ to 5 years
Apply for this job