The New Business Development Manager will forge client relationships within the industry that will bring in profitable new Third-Party business for the organization. This role is key to the organization’s success and growth and will have a direct impact on the bottom line. Option to be based in our Denver or Phoenix offices.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITIES
• Responsible for locating new opportunities for the company by exploring new customers throughout the country.
• Identify and pursue high-value opportunities for the organization.
• Bring creativity and a keen understanding of the company’s mission, culture, and goals when qualifying and pursuing work.
• Has direct contact with of all levels of the organization and works both internally and externally to generate and foster client relationships.
• Must be responsive to the customers’ needs and follow through on all aspects of request, both written and verbal.
• Works closely within the Operations teams when responding to a request for proposal (RFP) to produce quality material in relation to market conditions, pricing issues, best of class service and the current climate of the market.
• Makes presentations to various groups when needed.
• Acts as the lead person on preparing the written proposal in response to RFP, coordinates all information from the different disciplines and arranges the formal response.
• Acts as technical representative to the client during the initial contact.
• Attends industry specific shows and conferences, both educational and customer oriented.
• Partner with Due Diligence team to create and update detailed budgets and schedules for projects.
• Partner with marketing and lease/sales strategy for the project to reach schedule and income goals.
• Prepare regular project progress reports for internal management and partners.
• Network with appropriate groups and individuals.
• Develop and maintain positive relationships with all internal and external entities.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
• Strong interpersonal and communication (both oral and written) skills and a demonstrated ability to “make the case” for engagement among clients and partners.
• Able to create rapport among client base and resources to generate awareness of Mission Rock.
• Provides high energy to motivate company resources to achieve desired outcomes.
• Maintains key client and stakeholder relationships. Seeks out market intelligence and applies same for making the company a preferred management company.
• Ability to use a personal computer and has working knowledge of email, Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel.
• Creative, enterprise mind set to progress the organization.
• Strong organizational and time-management skills.
• Accuracy and attention to detail.
• A team player who is able to multitask with accuracy and efficiency.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university. Real Estate emphasis preferred.
• Progressive experience in the multi-family industry with the last 3+ years of experience at a Regional or Corporate level.
• Mid-size to large size company experience desired.
• Minimum of 8 years of experience in the multi-family industry desired.
• Licensed Real Estate Broker preferred.
• Ability to travel locally and nationally with some overnight travel required.
• Rare to occasional ability to lift and carry up to 10 pounds
• Rare to Occasional Simple Grasping
• Occasional to Constant Sitting
• Rare to Occasional Walking
• Occasional twisting of the neck and waist
• Rare to Occasional Reaching at or below the Shoulder level
• Occasional to Frequent usage of verbal communication equipment
• Rare to occasional squatting (filing & retrieving files)
• Occasional to constant repetitive fine manipulation (Typing)
- Business Development
7+ to 10 years
This job is no longer active.