The ideal candidate has several years of financial modeling and asset management experience that they desire to leverage into a role in which they are underwriting and interfacing directly with senior management on landmark developments and acquisitions in an entrepreneurial, fast-paced, intense, and rewarding culture.
Woodridge Capital Partners
Woodridge Capital Partners is a leading real estate investment and development company founded by Chief Executive Officer Michael Rosenfeld, an acknowledged leader with over 30 years of experience in the real estate industry. Based in Los Angeles, Woodridge and its affiliates own and develop a wide range of hotel, resort, residential, retail and commercial real estate assets throughout the United States.
Woodridge maintains extensive relationships throughout the institutional debt and equity markets and is currently in partnership with a number of America’s largest and most prominent companies and investment funds, including Colony NorthStar, Oaktree Capital Management, JP Morgan Chase, and Deutsche Bank. Woodridge has an established track record of creating substantial value through the entitlement, development, marketing and sale of assets, as well as through the use of innovative deal structures.
Under Mr. Rosenfeld’s leadership, Woodridge has been involved in numerous notable recent transactions across North America. Mr. Rosenfeld has received the Single Asset Transaction of the Year Award by the Americas Lodging Investment Summit for the Century Plaza Hotel, the San Francisco Business Times Deal of the Year Award for The Fairmont San Francisco Hotel, and was selected as one of the Builder & Developer Magazine’s “Who’s Who in Homebuilding.”
Primary Responsibilities & Job Requirements
- Underwriting stabilized assets, value-add business plans, and mixed-use development, including hospitality, for-rent and for-sale residential, and commercial development.
- Modeling complex structured transactions and multi-tiered capital stacks such as senior and mezzanine financing, preferred equity, ground leases, and waterfalls.
- Accountable for maintaining models through acquisition, development, stabilization, and sale and verifying adherence to legal documents.
- Provide asset management assistance / tracking / reporting at all stages of deal / project development, which will include coordination with construction teams.
- Assist with deal processes as needed for acquisitions, financing, and dispositions.
- Interfacing directly with the entire team, including the CEO, President, and CFO to sensitize and confirm accuracy of underwriting.
- Apply knowledge of market dynamics, risks and opportunities for equity and debt partners, and competitive yield targets across the capital stack to inform underwriting and recommendations.
Required Experience & Qualifications
- 2-5 years of professional experience with experience in real estate, finance, or accounting
- College graduate with degree demonstrating interest and aptitude in real estate and finance
- Extremely high comfort with Microsoft Excel and financial modeling, terms, and principles
- Ability to interpret the economic / financial provisions of legal documents such as loan agreements and JV operating agreements
- Detail-oriented and logical thinker
- Team player with great written and verbal communication skills
- Thrives in a fast-paced work environment
- Self-motivated and internally competitive
- Strong references
- Financial Analysis
- Hospitality / Entertainment
2+ to 5 years
This job is no longer active.