Real Estate Private Equity Firm based in Los Angeles is seeking a Vice President of Leasing to develop and implement an aggressive property-level leasing plan, specifically focused on several large-format creative office properties in the Western US. The role will focus on working with local and national brokers to identify prospective tenants, secure commitments, and obtain executed leases.
The ideal candidate will be a professional with demonstrated experience in creative office leasing or a similar role. A proven track record of leasing space to large tenants in the TAMI / STEM sectors is required. The role can be located in San Francisco, Los Angeles, or San Diego.
- Proactively cultivates prospective tenant relationships through active outreach and in-person meetings with tenant rep brokers and corporate real estate executives; must have existing network
- Assists in developing creative leasing strategy at the properties, including considerations related to space planning, design, tenant amenities / programming, and property management
- Qualifies potential tenants by reviewing their financial statements and checking references
- Assists in negotiating lease terms with economics that meet or exceed budgets
- Communicates and coordinates with counsel to have lease documentation prepared incorporating the negotiated terms
- Monitors and reports on critical tenant lease dates and provisions
- Initiates preparation of tenant space and tracks deliverables required related to shell drawings, physical improvements, and tenant construction guidelines
- 8+ years of experience in commercial real estate leasing or asset management
- Proven track record of leasing in a major development environment is required
- In-depth knowledge of commercial office lease documents and terminology
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, particularly as it relates to building relationships, negotiating transactions and closing
- Strong organizational skills with a systems-oriented approach to report and track large projects
- Efficient time management skills to effectively execute and prioritize multiple assignments on accelerated timeframes
- Resourceful and creative approach to solving problems and adapting to changing circumstances
- Team player suited to work within an entrepreneurial, collaborative culture
Candidates must be currently based in California and have significant existing leasing experience
7+ to 10 years
This job is no longer active.