REAL ESTATE DEVELOPMENT
Triangle Equities is a New York City based, full-service, real estate development and investment firm. With over three decades of experience in the financing and development of complex real estate projects, including many public-private partnerships, Triangle currently has a development pipeline of over 1.5 million square feet of mixed-use real estate projects. As a long-term owner of the properties it develops, Triangle presently owns and operates over 1 million square feet of commercial real estate in the New York tri-state area.
Triangle’s business plan is focused on community impact and leverages a unique three-pronged approach to create projects that catalyze area-wide economic development. First, an expertise in public-private partnership; second, a pursuit of underutilized, underperforming, and undervalued assets in emerging and underserved markets; and third, a specialization in the creative financing of projects, frequently using tax-credit syndication and other economic incentives, to achieve economically viable developments that would not otherwise be possible.
The Development Associate will be involved in supporting numerous development projects within the New York metropolitan area. The role will report to the Director of Capital Markets and include exposure to the firms’ President and founder, other development and investment professionals, as well as investment partners, finance and design professionals. The role requires an inter-disciplinary skillset focused mainly on financial modeling and real estate market analysis, including understanding broad economic trends and its effect on the real estate industry; planning, construction and marketing aspects of the development process; investor relations, including investor reporting; and the ability to organize information into presentations for various stakeholders, including investors, government agencies, and elected officials.
Responsibilities will include:
- Underwrite the firm’s business plans, including understanding interplay of capital markets and their impact on project viability for both ground-up and value-add projects
- Perform market research and analysis to inform underwriting and existing business plans, including effects of the broader economy to inform firm strategy pertaining to targeted MSAs and asset classes
- Produce regular reporting and business plans to update ownership and limited partners on project status
- Produce presentations and reports for dissemination to investors and various community stakeholders
- Produce financial analyses to project job creation and economic impact to local, state, and federal government as a result of firm's projects
- Assist in processing construction requisitions and progress reporting
- Assist in management of the development process by working with design and construction teams
- Two years work experience in finance or related fields, preference for real estate and investment banking exposure
- Strong interest in the real estate industry
- Excellent work ethic; self-motivated, capable of effective and independent judgment
- Attention to detail, organized and able to manage multiple priorities
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong aptitude with Microsoft Excel and the Microsoft Office suite; ARGUS; preference for exposure to economic impact software, such as IMPLAN
- Financial Analysis
- Investor Relations
- Project Management
2+ to 5 years
Apply for this job