Description of Position
The Acquisitions Analyst will work closely with the Director of Acquisitions to assist Excel Group in the hotel acquisitions and development process. Under the guidance of the Excel Group team, the Analyst will assist with asset selection, deal negotiation, project management, pro-forma modeling, deal presentations and due diligence. The ideal candidate will be a confident, team-oriented individual with excellent Excel, presentation and writing skills who has a demonstrated interest and eagerness to join a quickly growing and fast paced company.
- Support the due diligence process for potential transactions including analyzing competitive properties, reviewing market supply/demand fundamentals, analyzing financials, sales and revenue and various other reports
- Assist in the development of detailed pro-forma models to analyze potential hotel investment opportunities
- Maintain an internal company acquisitions pipeline report and CRM, monitoring all potential acquisitions and communication with lenders and equity partners
- Assist in updating budgets for hotel development projects and property improvement plans
- Conduct market research to identify potential target markets for new hotel acquisitions
- Assist in business development initiatives such as maintaining internal company business intelligence and CRM
- Asist in communication and coordination of third party consultants including general contractors, interior designers and architects
- Provide general support to Excel Group team, including special and ad-hoc projects
The Analyst will report directly to Director of Acquisitions and Development.
The desired candidate will have:
- A bachelor’s degree in hotel administration, finance, business or related field
- A minimum of two years of experience in the hospitality industry, ideally with a hotel ownership firm, hotel consulting or appraisal firm, hotel brokerage firm or investment bank.
- Expertise in real estate finance and an in-depth understanding of the hotel industry
- Highly developed analytical and modeling skills
- Strong analytical and Excel modeling skills
- Advanced understanding of financial statements with an ability to thoroughly analyze a hotel profit and loss statement
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Detail-oriented nature along with excellent organizational skills
- The ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks and projects and the capacity to be flexible
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel
Base salary and incentives will be commensurate with experience.
- Due Diligence
- Hospitality / Entertainment
1+ to 2 years
Apply for this job