Leon Capital Group (“LCG”) is seeking a Development Manager to assist and support the Retail Development team in due diligence, project management, and analysis. The candidate will primarily be focused on grocery-anchored shopping centers, well-located retail strips and single-tenant deals. Projects are in the Southeastern U.S. mainly in Florida, Georgia, and North Carolina. The position is in Southwest Florida (Naples/Ft. Myers area) and directly reports to the Vice President of Retail Development for the Southeast. The Development Manager will also work closely with LCG’s Acquisition and Leasing personnel in Tampa, Orlando, Charlotte and Atlanta. This opportunity will provide the candidate the opportunity to learn in a fast-paced and dynamic environment and gain exposure to an unrivaled amount of deal flow over their time in the role.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES (including but not be limited to):
• Facilitate communications with all members of the development team including architects and engineers, contractors, leasing, property management, asset management and accounting.
• Track and monitor Tenant’s plans, Landlord and Tenant building permits, Landlord delivery dates, and Tenant rent commencements.
• Prepare reports and presentations to upper management in collaboration with VP Development.
• Review and approve TI allowance requests.
• Organize weekly development team meetings and project specific meetings.
• Work with asset management, accounting, and lease administration to review property financials, A/R, and CAM recs to ensure loan covenants and internal cash flow projections are being met.
• Track the status of retail deals through their life cycle and update and maintain internal project management software.
• Provide assistance with Due Diligence for new acquisitions.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
• Understanding of leases, loan documents, development agreements, REA’s, title and survey, and construction plans.
• Basic understanding of finance principles as they relate to real estate analysis including knowledge of proformas, rent rolls, financing terms, and basic accounting.
• Proficient in Microsoft Excel/Word/Powerpoint with the ability to create and prepare reports as needed by the Development team.
• Detail-oriented with a commitment to high-quality work product.
• Ability to think independently and present viewpoints in a thoughtful and professional manner.
• Strong organizational skills with the ability to perform tasks and achieve results independently and as part of a team.
• Ability to consistently meet deadlines and prioritize multiple assignments effectively in a fast-paced work environment.
• Ability to present information in both oral and written form in a clear and concise manner.
• Passion for the field of real estate development.
• Minimum 4-year degree preferably in Business, Finance, Real Estate, Architecture, Engineering or Construction. Master’s Degree a plus.
The ideal candidate has a minimum of 5 years’ experience in development, project management, asset management, lending, brokerage or leasing or with a retailer.
Travel up to 30%.
ABOUT LEON CAPITAL GROUP
Leon Capital Group is an investment company with a focus on real estate. The company acquires, finances and develops assets across a diversified portfolio that yields attractive returns for its investors. With a focus on multi-family, retail and self-storage properties, Leon Capital Group has successfully overseen more than 300 investments, representing a total capitalization of more than $3 billion. Based in Dallas with offices in Austin, Denver, Charlotte, Atlanta, and Tampa, the company has a vision of redefining real estate investing and transforming communities throughout the United States and around the globe. To learn more, visit .
- Project Management
5+ to 7 years
Apply for this job