The Analyst - Asset Management will be responsible for performing a myriad of analytical duties associated with operating a large and growing portfolio of industrial properties. The duties for this position require immaculate attention to detail and include preparing portfolio level valuations; performing due diligence tasks related to property acquisitions, dispositions and financings; providing various analyses for asset managers and leasing agents; assisting with the preparation of annual budgets and quarterly reforecasts; defining and tracking operational metrics for the portfolio; and the preparation of quarterly board presentations.
As the Analyst, one is held accountable to, however not limited to, the following job functions:
- The Analyst will play a central role to the operational success of Gateway by gathering information from multiple sources and departments and processing and relaying pertinent information to the asset operations team to effect change on-site.
- Develop strong relationships with the asset management team, acquisition partners, leasing agents, property managers and internal support personnel to help create a streamlined, efficient asset management function for Gateway.
- Work with internal partners to develop and maintain a large portfolio of operational statistic files that will require making periodic updates for executed leases, changes in market lease assumptions, and adjustments to operating expenses, capital disbursements and other income.
- Support the due diligence efforts for acquisitions, dispositions, and refinancings; review diligence materials; and prepare closing statements/memos where necessary.
- Perform various lease analyses including comparative lease analysis, lease restructure analysis, sale/leaseback analysis, build-to-suit analysis.
- Review and coordinate the execution and delivery of asset management-related contracts (leases/amendments, management agreements, agency listing agreements, etc.).
- Participate in the annual budget and quarterly reforecast process.
- Assist with the preparation of presentations to the senior management team and as well as preparing quarterly board presentations.
- Perform special ad-hoc projects and analyses as assigned.
- 1-2 years work experience in the finance, commercial real estate, and/or accounting fields.
- A strong work ethic, the strength to thrive in a dynamic and demanding work environment and an ability to meet critical deadlines.
- Immaculate attention to detail.
- Exceptional analytical skills with a deep knowledge of and mastery of Excel, PowerPoint, and Argus.
- Strong accounting and finance knowledge.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills since interaction with personnel at all levels will be required.
- Bachelor degree in business, finance, or accounting.
- Asset management, operations, acquisitions and due diligence experience.
- Prior experience with real estate budgeting/forecasting processes and systems.
- Experience working at a publicly traded real estate, institutional financial services, or public/private equity firm.
For immediate consideration, please apply online at .
Gateway is committed to a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other applicable
- Financial Analysis
- Portfolio Management
1+ to 2 years