About the Company:
Industrious is a premium workplace platform and coworking solution. We are reinventing how people work by creating elegant, welcoming environments and delivering amazing hospitality that makes people excited and proud to come to work. With a seasoned leadership team, a long list of brand-name clients and $142 million in funding to-date, Industrious is well-positioned for rapid growth, as we continue to scale our network across the US.
Industrious by the Numbers:
- Annual growth rate (2015-2018): >120%
- Average Net Promoter Score (NPS): >70%
- Gross member churn: <5%
- Number of employees: 160
- Number of locations: 12 (2016), 23 (2017), 54 (2018), 115 (2019E)
- Funding to date: $142 million
- Employee engagement: 15-30% above industry benchmarks
About the Role:
This role is ideal for someone with relevant hands-on real estate investment and site selection experience and hungry for meaningful and challenging responsibility at a rapidly-growing startup. You will support the sourcing and execution of new leases and management contracts for the company—a critical function because our business relies on physical assets.
Your work will be vital to helping us scale into an international company that serves thousands of organizations over the next year. Success will mean providing a happier, productive, and more connected workplace for small and enterprise businesses around the world. The role is based in Manhattan, New York and reports directly to the Sr. Director of Real Estate.
As the Real Estate Manager, you will:
- Support the Sr. Director of Real Estate in identifying, analyzing and executing key real estate transactions including leases and management contracts nationally and internationally
- Advance deal flow by working with landlords, brokers, attorneys, and other stakeholders to drive the deal negotiation and decision-making process
- Prepare deal books and present to the Investment Committee
- Transition completed transactions and onboard internal teams across the company to ensure efficient handover of market analysis, deal information, documents, etc.
- Monitor office availability throughout existing building portfolio to maintain supply pipeline serving the company’s enterprise business
- Troubleshoot construction issues and coordinate to protect against cost exposure
- Perform cannibalization analyses in potential or existing multi-unit cities
- Develop tools and new systems that support the Real Estate group and help scale growth
- 3+ years of real estate experience in a fast-paced, high-growth environment; office or retail and lease review/negotiation experience required; site selection experience preferred
- Ability to think outside the box and beyond the traditional real estate investment mindset
- Excellent judgment with strong analytical, Excel and communication skills
- Proven ability to prioritize and take ownership in a fast-paced work environment
- Very strong project management skills; can execute and deliver on multiple projects simultaneously
- High hustle quotient: willing to get your hands dirty as necessary to move fast and get things done
- Willingness to travel up to 40% of the time as Industrious opens locations across the world
In addition to our incredible team, there are lots of other fun reasons to work with us.
- Daily breakfast, snacks, coffee, tea, and drinks at all Industrious locations
- Health care, including vision and dental
- 401K plan
- Smart casual dress code
- Generous vacation time
- Paid parental leave
- Team outings (ex. Dinners, rock climbing, yoga classes and more!)
- Company-wide outings and retreats (previous locations have included New Orleans & the Hamptons)
- Business Development
- Financial Analysis
- Hospitality / Entertainment
2+ to 5 years
This job is no longer active.